The consequence thread (Brexit)

ok so you read it and will accept that what the poster wrote about people not getting jobs within so many days will be asked to leave the country i replied that its not working in firvale :D

Have you considered A) they might have jobs? B) that this is a problem of the UK, not the EU, as so many others that made people vote to leave?

.......the goose-steppers and their poodles will not be handing out punishment beatings to the UK as they know that half the UK voted to remain........and we are not out yet!

Although the goose-steppers have past form on punishment,they won't be punishing over 16 million that still want to stay in bed with them!

Goose steppers? How mature.

I think referencing the Nazis for comic effect, salutes etc are an arrestable offence in Germany.

Edited by Radan

Nonsense, and an often repeated lie by the Brexit camp. In 2015 only Greece and Spain had a bigger annual deficit than the United Kingdom. As a whole the EU deficit was 2,4% as compared to Britain's 4,4 % the northern economy (that around Germany) in the EU had achieved a budget surplus as % of the GDP. The total level of Public debt across the European Union was 4% lower than that in the United Kingdom. The new states in the EU are outperforming the UK, Ireland in particular is outperforming the UK massively.

Taking 2004 as the base year the new member states and Ireland have grown their economy twice as fast as the UK has. The EU as a whole is only 6% behind the UK in terms of total GDP growth and that includes Greece and Italy which have been hit hard by their banks crashing.

As soon as the UK announces it wants out of the EEA (which a lot of Leavers believe will happen because hey, immigration) the market will switch from the £ to the € quicker than you can say crisis.

In the meantime the city of Amsterdam is openly recruiting in London, convincing the banks there that it is much more stable in the Netherlands. The first signs of business heading out to Amsterdam, Dublin and Frankfurt are already there. You just ignore them because they are scaremongering.

What job do you do Ticker?

All markets are down http://www.cnbc.com/markets-europe/ we seem to be fairing better than others

.........I'm British,not German, sunshine!

Yes, I get that. It's unfortunate, you embarrass us.

---------- Post added 27-06-2016 at 16:28 ----------

ok so you read it and will accept that what the poster wrote about people not getting jobs within so many days will be asked to leave the country i replied that its not working in firvale :D

I concede you are right. But I don't blame the EU entirely for Fir Vale.

Jeremy Corbyn has bent over backwards trying to carry out the wishes of the electorate, to the point where Labour Party members get an email every week asking them for their concerns and points of view. Never has a party leader been so accessible.

He is mocked for it by the Conservatives.

He also consults with his MPs on most matters to reach a concensus and is willing to accommodate / compromise if he can. He is an excellent listener. Unfortunately he is not 'showy' like Cameron, nor a trained and polished professional speaker, groomed in the art of the glib meaningless 'soundbite' or the filibustering 'non-answer.'

Then why in overwhelming areas where is core Labour Voters, wanted out. Did the Labour party not listen. It not for our elected representatives, to instruct us, it, for them to carry out our wishes.

---------- Post added 27-06-2016 at 16:38 ----------

you can't choose your parents and i don't think he has been trading on the family name.

he seems to be quite able and good at his job and, personally I think he'd make a very good leader.

No but I bet he got a good leg up by have such a Honorable dad

Edited by phil752

Yes, I get that. It's unfortunate, you embarrass us.

---------- Post added 27-06-2016 at 16:28 ----------

I concede you are right. But I don't blame the EU entirely for Fir Vale.

........."I think referencing the Nazis for comic effect, salutes etc are an arrestable offence in Germany".

..and punishable by firing squad some years ago!!..........luckily we have freedom of speech in UK. So stay embarrassed!

........."I think referencing the Nazis for comic effect, salutes etc are an arrestable offence in Germany".

..and punishable by firing squad some years ago!!..........luckily we have freedom of speech in UK. So stay embarrassed!

Yes, and freedom of speech quite often allows people, such as yourself, to look foolish.

No-one is spitting dummies out on the Remain side. But you Brexiters seem to be panicking that we are right. Are you starting to get worried you voted the wrong way then?
A classic case of self-denial. I am VERY HAPPY I voted the right way (to leave). You must realise how arrogant your statement is - that over half the people who voted are wrong, but little you, is right.

I am also very happy at all the problems the Labour and Conservative parties are now suffering. It may shake them up enough so that they now come out of their elitist London-orientated bubble and start focusing on the real world.

For anyone interested in EU Trade deals with other parts of the world (not involving free movement of labour):

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/countries-and-regions/agreements/#_other-countries

EU-Ecuador text of the trade agreement published, not yet ratified, 17 February 2015

Colombia and Peru - Trade Agreement, signed 26 July 2012

Central America - Association Agreement with a strong trade component, signed 29 June 2012

EU-Iraq - Partnership and Cooperation Agreement, signed on 11 May 2012

Papua New Guinea and Fiji - Interim Partnership Agreement ratified by Papua New Guinea in May 2011

Korea - New Generation Free Trade Agreement, signed 06 October 2010

Cameroon – Economic Partnership Agreement signed in 2009

Madagascar, Mauritius, the Seychelles, and Zimbabwe Economic Partnership Agreement signed in August 2009

Chile - Association Agreement and Additional Protocol, 01 February 2003 (trade) / 01 March 2005 (full agreement)

Mexico - Economic Partnership, Political Coordination and Cooperation Agreement, 01 July 2000

South Africa - Trade, Development and Co-operation Agreement, 01 January 2000

CARIFORUM States - Economic Partnership Agreement, Provisionally applied

Edited by rodnreeluk