Im needing advice on school admissions

Hello good people of Sheffield and beyond. I have a friend in an abusive relationship who is looking for a way out. I'm helping and one of the jobs i said id do was to help with her two kids schooling. I think i dropped a clanger because i have no real idea how to go about it but i still want to take this burden off her so can anyone help? She's moving to Sheffield soon and needs to get one child into a secondary school, this child has learning issues and a second child in to a primary school. How do i make this happen?

Thank you in advance of any information you can give me :)

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/education/information-for-parentscarers/pupil-admissions/contactus.html

I hope this link works ( I'm not very technical ). I have had to contact the admissions team recently. I did it by email and had a reply in the same day. Maybe this would be a start. Good luck. Hope you get your friend some help.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/education/information-for-parentscarers/pupil-admissions/contactus.html

I hope this link works ( I'm not very technical ). I have had to contact the admissions team recently. I did it by email and had a reply in the same day. Maybe this would be a start. Good luck. Hope you get your friend some help.

Thank you for that. Im very grateful for the link and thank you for the kind wishes :)

---------- Post added 06-12-2015 at 07:18 ----------

Would home education be an option?

Unfortunately not but thank you any way :)

Contact sheffield admissions also get her to contact her to be local MAST if you google MAST it will give you areas ie east/south etc. They will support in terms of grants, living/benefit support and schooling. The receiving schools may (usually) help with uniform also. you can phone up MAST direct and self refer into the support system.

You can also contact the schools in the area your friends will be living.

I hope your friends soon settle into a better way of life