Accident at Totley Rise 1/11/15

With all due respect to your wife, a call of 999 to the ambulance service should be for life threatening injuries only. 'You wouldn't call 999 for a fire engine to blow out a candle' - a recent advertisement seen on the side of an ambulance.

I trust your wife has recovered from her fall.

Thank you, yes - she sustained two broken ribs and a egg-size lump on the the back of the bonce courtesy of the fall, so was in pain for a good few weeks, but thankfully recovered in time.

I take your point about 'emergency' only, but to leave someone at the side of the road for that length of time is ridiculous - we're not experts, and for all we knew she could have broken her back/neck, so we didn't dare move her for fear of worsening any injury.

My real point was that this 'slow' service is nothing new - this occurred two years ago.

Apparently no paramedics were available to attend, so it was a case of waiting for an ambulance....

With respect - it's more likely that the call handler assessed your wife with the information they were given by you and an emergency paramedic crew were not deemed necessary to be deployed with blues and twos etc.

However, I understand that to see a loved one in pain and distress on the side of the road with no assistance for such a long time must have been very distressing.

Sadly, due to the constant cutbacks this wonderful Tory government are initiating - our emergency services are stretched to the limit and things can only get worse.

I'm pleased your wife eventually got the assistance she needed and is recovering well.

Regards