Home boarding for my dogs

Hello

Iam going away next August for a family wedding and will be abroad for two weeks. Normally when we go away our dogs stay with family however as they will all be away with me it's not an option.

I have three dogs but two of them are now 14 years old and have never been in kennels before so don't want to put them in now and cause any stress.

I've heard that some people will come and stay in your home while your away and take care of your pets ?? Does anyone have any experience of this ?? Or recomendations ??

Thank you in advance

Hi,

I do this (Check my signature), although next August is too far away to make a definite booking, but feel free to enquire anyway :)

Regards

Alex

Hi We offer this service and we are currently full until 2017 , Please check who ever you employ has , insurance , DBS check and references. Many house sitters are booked up very quickly and professional ones will already have 2016 diaries open for bookings.

Yeah full time pet sitters will have their diary open so if you're looking for a booking far in advance go with sitters like teeny :)

Yeah full time pet sitters will have their diary open so if you're looking for a booking far in advance go with sitters like teeny :)

Good advice, always go with an experienced, trusted and professional sitter with all the right paper work.

And avoid national pet sitter websites . Go on recommended ones from people you know .

Good luck finding the right sitter for you .

Why avoid national pet sitter websites ruby? Not that I've come across many after searching or researched sites like that. But yeah if I was the OP and looking for a dog sitter I'd probably go for personal adverts etc/sites like this anyway.

Edited by alexm1991

Thank you for all the advice, it's very appreciated as this is new to me ? .

Why avoid national pet sitter websites ruby? Not that I've come across many after searching or researched sites like that. But yeah if I was the OP and looking for a dog sitter I'd probably go for personal adverts etc/sites like this anyway.

I've come across a few owners who found out their dogs have not been looked after by the people they thought they were . They had been passed on to someone to look after . Personally I would not like my dogs moved around to people I have not met like pieces of meat. I'm just rather air on the side of caution and use someone experienced with dogs that I know .

I've come across a few owners who found out their dogs have not been looked after by the people they thought they were . They had been passed on to someone to look after . Personally I would not like my dogs moved around to people I have not met like pieces of meat. I'm just rather air on the side of caution and use someone experienced with dogs that I know .

A house sitter wouldn't do this

I've heard about Pet Boarding places doing that but Pet Sitters who look after the pets in the clients own home are also house sitting too so wouldn't do this, never heard of a Pet Sitter doing that. The client specifically gives the sitter a key to their house after all so giving that key to someone else would be the worst thing you could do.

---------- Post added 19-10-2015 at 19:26 ----------

And a Pet/House sitter outright taking the Pet from its home after being specifically asked to Pet Sit at the clients home, that's tantamount to abuse/theft to be honest, if I was a client and a sitter did that I'd make sure that person never worked with animals again.

---------- Post added 19-10-2015 at 19:32 ----------

But yeah moral is, make sure you ask for references and air on the side of caution, make sure you pick someone who's not going to treat the pet like a piece of meat and is sitting more because they are an animal/dog lover as opposed to just in it for the money/business.

Edited by alexm1991

I've heard about Pet Boarding places doing that but Pet Sitters who look after the pets in the clients own home are also house sitting too so wouldn't do this, never heard of a Pet Sitter doing that. The client specifically gives the sitter a key to their house after all so giving that key to someone else would be the worst thing you could do.

---------- Post added 19-10-2015 at 19:26 ----------

And a Pet/House sitter outright taking the Pet from its home after being specifically asked to Pet Sit at the clients home, that's tantamount to abuse/theft to be honest, if I was a client and a sitter did that I'd make sure that person never worked with animals again.

Yeah sorry I meant pet boarding . Pet sitters yes they are more regulated and I do know someone that use to do this after they retired and they are lovely . Sorry again miss read the first post .