Pet First Aid Course - Any recommendations?

Hi,

I'm looking to do a short Pet First Aid course as I'm a part-time dog walker-sitter, although I know the basics already as I've been around dogs all my life, it would be good to know more and also have it certified so I can add it to my advert.

So any recommendations? :)

Regards

Alex

I found hooves, paws and claws in chesterfield to give the most comprehensive course. She is a bit more expensive but worth it. When mine expires ill go back to her.

I found hooves, paws and claws in chesterfield to give the most comprehensive course. She is a bit more expensive but worth it. When mine expires ill go back to her.

I can't find the link to the course on her site, a link would be great? :) Thanks

I completed a Canine First Aid course with Bridge Safety & Training last year which was brilliant!! You also get a certificate which would be useful for your role.

Have a look on their website and see if another one is available anytime soon.

Good luck.

I completed a Canine First Aid course with Bridge Safety & Training last year which was brilliant!! You also get a certificate which would be useful for your role.

Have a look on their website and see if another one is available anytime soon.

Good luck.

Doesn't look like they are doing it anymore at least not anytime soon but I have found a place that does the same course, the syllabus seems to be standardized which is good. Thanks :)

It looks like Andrea at hooves paws and claws doesn't do it now doesn't it. Id contact her and double check and if she doesn't, ask her for a recommendation. She taught a course set out by INTO dogs and it was very comprehensive. The course I dud when I renewed didn't cover hypothermia or hyperthermia.

Doesn't look like they are doing it anymore at least not anytime soon but I have found a place that does the same course, the syllabus seems to be standardized which is good. Thanks :)

We used ProTraining a trainer (can't remember his name though) on Valley Road, Meersbrook, very good, covered a lot in the morning and we get regular video updates and access to First Aid materials. If I can find the link I'll share

---------- Post added 19-10-2015 at 12:01 ----------

It was Core Teaching Solutions we went to earlier this year for our course - highly recommended

see this previous thread about pe first aid courses in Sheffield http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=232211&highlight=first+aid

We used ProTraining a trainer (can't remember his name though) on Valley Road, Meersbrook, very good, covered a lot in the morning and we get regular video updates and access to First Aid materials. If I can find the link I'll share

---------- Post added 19-10-2015 at 12:01 ----------

It was Core Teaching Solutions we went to earlier this year for our course - highly recommended

see this previous thread about pe first aid courses in Sheffield http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=232211&highlight=first+aid

Thanks for your message, I actually used Protraining this weekend :) I found a discount code for it too which made it very good value for money, pretty comprehensive and I opted in for video updates too. So I highly recommend them to anyone who comes aross/reads this post!