Info about Claremont Hospital

Hi all,

So I have been under physioworks for knee problems for a few months now. Last time I went I saw a different physio who noticed the problem was with my feet, and so referred me to a podiatrist at JordanThorpe Health Centre. The podiatrist said I need surgery and said she was referring me to ClareMont Hospital. I was just wondering if anyone had ever had surgery there on the NHS? if so, how long does it usually take for a referral, and how long before surgery? Also, when I have had surgery would my support worker be allowed to be in the recovery room when I wake up as I have really bad anxiety and panic attacks! Any information would be great!!

I had a general and local surgery at Claremont when I was a child and my referrals were within 2 weeks.

As it is private, I think they are pretty relaxed, so I would have thought that if you wanted yoru social worker there, then they would allow it.

Really nice hospital from what I can remember.

The surgeon (who missed me on his evening round after surgery) tried to talk me out of Keyhole surgery (apparently it took longer). The aneathatist brought the wrong notes just before my operation I expressed my concern due to his strange questions, he asked me my name and went and fetched the correct notes.

After surgery the Tanzanian nurse cut off my identity wrist band which was tight and uncomfortable she just threw it in the bin without replacing it.

A British nurse went ballistic later and immediately got another wristband.

The Oxygen which was on what can best be described as two cylinders on a welders barrow was wheeled on top of the pipe that was supposed to be feeding oxygen to me by this was by this same nurse.

I only saw nursing staff until over 24hrs after my surgery when the surgeon came to discharge me.

PS I had several Xrays which were nothing to do with my condition but chargeable to the NHS.

A close relative of mine had surgery on the NHS there and the treatment and care was superb. Nothing too much trouble and he was even offered wine with his evening meal !!

Do you know how long after their appointment with their surgeon they had their surgery? I have an appointment in 2 weeks with a surgeon.

Do you know how long after their appointment with their surgeon they had their surgery? I have an appointment in 2 weeks with a surgeon.

I'm not sure how long he was waiting but I don't think it was too long.

However as far as hospitals and operations go I know he was very impressed.

Hope everything goes well for you. :thumbsup:

I had a general and local surgery at Claremont when I was a child and my referrals were within 2 weeks.

As it is private, I think they are pretty relaxed, so I would have thought that if you wanted yoru social worker there, then they would allow it.

Really nice hospital from what I can remember.

Hey!!

How long after you met the surgeon was your surgery? I have an appointment in 2 weeks so just trying to work out when my surgery will be:)

---------- Post added 15-08-2015 at 17:02 ----------

I'm not sure how long he was waiting but I don't think it was too long.

However as far as hospitals and operations go I know he was very impressed.

Hope everything goes well for you. :thumbsup:

Thankyou! Im so nervous ha! But heard good things about Claremont so feel rather blessed to have been referred there!