Music In The Gardens

Last year I enjoyed seeing Heaven 17 at this event - a well organised evening, food stalls and bar provided by local businesses and prices weren't inflated. Seem to think we paid about £9 for our ticket- Friends/ workmates who didn't make this weekend, planned to visit this year, based on mine and others recommendations.

These were families of 2 adults/ 2 children.

2015, tickets are £27! So this has put myself and others off - for a family of 4, where children are teenagers now, this is quite an expensive night out.

Why have the prices been hiked up so much?

Edited by Ms-Shapes

Last year I enjoyed seeing Heaven 17 at this event - a well organised evening, food stalls and bar provided by local businesses and prices weren't inflated. Seem to think we paid about £9 for our ticket- Friends/ workmates who didn't make this weekend, planned to visit this year, based on mine and others recommendations.

These were families of 2 adults/ 2 children.

2015, tickets are £27! So this has put myself and others off - for a family of 4, where children are teenagers now, this is quite an expensive night out.

Why have the prices been hiked up so much?

I think it's because they think people will pay it! I went to the "Last Night" a couple of years ago, I seem to remember the tickets were £10 (up from £8 the year before), this year they are £15! I know it's raising money for charity, but I'm not going again...

Guest sibon
I think it's because they think people will pay it! I went to the "Last Night" a couple of years ago, I seem to remember the tickets were £10 (up from £8 the year before), this year they are £15! I know it's raising money for charity, but I'm not going again...

Come and sit in my garden. You can listen for free.

We first went years ago when it was called Jazz in the Gardens £3 a ticket and the only food and drink option was take your own. Over the years our party grew to around 10 of us paying up to £10 a ticket and always having a great time. Have boycotted it for the last couple of years due to price hiking like most successful events got too big and too greedy shame really.

Thanks for your responses - Glad that is just not me not going this year because of the price hikes.

Enjoyed it so much last year, and was planning to visit one of the nights, not too bothered who was appearing, but looked forward to enjoying the atmosphere etc.

Come and sit in my garden. You can listen for free.

I'm "boycotting" the last night since they stopped booking my friend's band anyway!

Hi. About 15-16 of us have been going at least one night for the past few years and had a really great night out. We have taken beer, sandwiches and cakes each time, for a laugh about 3years ago one of us took a candelabra and put it in the centre of the fold up table. We got there and back by mini bus and as I said had a really good night. I'm afraid this year we are giving it a miss, with everything in with the new prices they charging it was going to cost a couple about £100 and it just isn't worth it, so if a lot more give it a miss maybe prices will coma back to normality, it isn't as if there are any big names coming. We will look again at the prices for next year.

Hi. About 15-16 of us have been going at least one night for the past few years and had a really great night out. We have taken beer, sandwiches and cakes each time, for a laugh about 3years ago one of us took a candelabra and put it in the centre of the fold up table. We got there and back by mini bus and as I said had a really good night. I'm afraid this year we are giving it a miss, with everything in with the new prices they charging it was going to cost a couple about £100 and it just isn't worth it, so if a lot more give it a miss maybe prices will coma back to normality, it isn't as if there are any big names coming. We will look again at the prices for next year.

Paul Carrack and The Proclaimer's are reasonably big acts for this event I would have thought