Recommendations for decking

I'm doing an area of decking this year.

Any recommendations of where to buy it?

I tend to avoid places like B&Q for building materials because they are expensive/over-priced.

Hillsborough Fencing - Ask for Gary he'll sort you out.

There is a place out at Howden they delivery to the Sheffield area and they advertise on eBay. It was about £2.10 per 8ft length or 85p per sq meter

There is a place out at Howden they delivery to the Sheffield area and they advertise on eBay. It was about £2.10 per 8ft length or 85p per sq meter

Well that's certainly cheap

I'd rather go local around S6 if possible so I can go and buy as I require. I tend to keep changing my plans as I go along. I got all my last years building materials from Hardcores, and found myself there most days :hihi:

I think I'll check out AMR's recommendation and the Rutland Rd one as per PM. The pricing all seems about the same. In fact not much different than BnQ, but I prefer local traders.

If you come back on this thread jjh (or anyone other joiners for that matter), I'm after a cheapish mitre saw. May I pick your brain? You'll know about these, there's no point me getting a pro one which are hundreds of course, but I've seen a few on Amazon, what do you think of these?

First

Second

Third

If you reckon they would be crap, I will hire one.

Look at Plastic decking. It'll not rot and it will be easier to clean...... It comes in different colours so there is no staining needed....

Look at Plastic decking. It'll not rot and it will be easier to clean...... It comes in different colours so there is no staining needed....

I've just looked at that. Very expensive!

I want to work with wood really, but thanks for the advice :)

No worries. I'm just lazy like that and believe that the summer is for beer and BBQ and not staining the decking :-)

No worries. I'm just lazy like that and believe that the summer is for beer and BBQ and not staining the decking :-)

Hoping to do all of that :)

Travis Perkins ask for the thinker board

Ta Andy, have you had a look at those saws? Do you think worth it?

I need a smaller miter saw myself, was looking at evolution (Sheffield make, I think)

Hate carrying mine it's too big. I'd go with the evolution out of the 3 as it's the only one I know but I've never used any of them.

I need a smaller miter saw myself, was looking at evolution (Sheffield make, I think)

Hate carrying mine it's too big. I'd go with the evolution out of the 3 as it's the only one I know but I've never used any of them.

Thanks for that Andy.