Post Teenage abortion depression

I am a final year journalism student from University of Sheffield. I am currently doing a video project on teenage abortion. I know this might not be a topic everyone would love to talk about but for those who have shared the experience in the past, whether it was just recently or 3 years ago, some might have undergone depression and I really hope you can step up and you will never know how this could clear many misunderstanding about the situation you faced by a lot of media portrayal and also empower and empathise a lot of women that has shared similar experience.

Abortion hits home to me as some of my closet friends have share this experience in the past and it is never easy to watch them going through all the procedure themselves. Seeing them laughing but bleeding inside is horrible. I feel like many who took the abortion has been judged and do not get enough support. My friends have kept it quiet like a lot of other girls and that stuck me because I feel people do not know enough how abortion may cast an invisible scar on a woman that will last for her whole life.

I understand this is a very sensitive issue, almost like a taboo and many might never want to talk about it in front of anyone, let alone in front of a camera but this is exactly why people should know about how it has affected lives of many, either in a positive or negative way. If you would prefer not to be identified, then you don't have to. I am willing to cooperate. And once again this means a lot to me and I hope to do something to help to get the message across. I really hope you will agree with me there is more people can do to help girls that has undergone the experience. And by sharing their experience, they can empower people who have the same experience.

I understand I am making a very difficult request but this is something I really want to get pass around people to help the teens building back their confident in life. Please give me a reply or send me a private message if you are happy to talk to me, everything will be kept confidential and I really hope you can consider my request.

I am not here for hateful comments. Please don't be judgemental. Thank you.

If anybody wishes to help the OP with their research please do so via PM.

Closing