Longley North County School

I was born at 1 Heath St 1943 an Aunts house,(my father was in the Royal Navy) we lived at 29 Musgrave Cres,till 1950 then moved to Australia.

The school i went to was ,Longley North County School,but i can find nothing about it.And i gather Heath St is no more.

Mike.

Edited by freddagg

Longley junior and infants school is still there but it recently changed its name.We had a reunion in 2007 to celebrate our 50yrs when we all started there. The teachers were mrs Byram mr Talbot mr Constadine miss Clareborough the head teacher was miss Chapple juniors and miss Driver

Longley junior and infants school is still there but it recently changed its name.We had a reunion in 2007 to celebrate our 50yrs when we all started there. The teachers were mrs Byram mr Talbot mr Constadine miss Clareborough the head teacher was miss Chapple juniors and miss Driver

My surname is Waugh,and as mentioned lived at 29 Musgrave Cres till 1950.

I still have an old school report card,December 1950,Class1B.Signed E Broadhead

and head teacher D.A.Chappell.

Mike

I had the cane off miss Chappell a few times,can you remember a cabinet outside her office with a King Cobra and a mongoose having a fight well thats how it felt going in to see her.I had quite a few friends down Musgrave Crescent.I went to longley from 1947 to 1953.

I had the cane off miss Chappell a few times,can you remember a cabinet outside her office with a King Cobra and a mongoose having a fight well thats how it felt going in to see her.I had quite a few friends down Musgrave Crescent.I went to longley from 1947 to 1953.

Vaguely remember her office.

When we lived in Musgrave Cres,there was myself and an older brother John (Jack)

down the cres i knew Billy and Mary Hancock,Owen Lambert,Judy and Marilyn Register al around our age freddagg

down the cres i knew Billy and Mary Hancock,Owen Lambert,Judy and Marilyn Register al around our age freddagg

Names don't ring a bell,but i was just over 7 when we left.

I still have an old class photo,no date on it.The girls dressed as fairies and flowers,and the boys in (god knows)

Did Marilyn Register live on Everingham Rd?

Used to have a mate who lived near the top, across from St Leonards.

Malcolm Emms

sorry to both of your enquiries but I just don't know,the Registers lived on the Crescent that's all they could have moved later.I cant remember anyone called Waugh.

I lived on musgrave cres 91 and judy was one of my friends they lived 7 houses below me owen lambert was in same class