Help offered on allotment

I am 19 and wanting to eventually have my own allotment, I would be willing to help elderly person with allotment duties to learn me their skills,preferably in s6 but may travel

I'm no gardener and don't know much about it... But,out of novelty and a bit of a mission for the summer,I've spent £10 on some seeds... Planted sweetcorn,garlic,green beans,peppers and chilli in some pots in literally "mud" with some miracle grow,in pots... And got shoots emerging... Got about 150 seeds in all for the money.. Says on the packet not to sow until March for some,some are feburary..but either way I planted them... And it's working... Gonna put them on the shed flat roof when weather calms down

I am 19 and wanting to eventually have my own allotment, I would be willing to help elderly person with allotment duties to learn me their skills,preferably in s6 but may travel

Was you 11 years old when you had your son ?

I'm no gardener and don't know much about it... But,out of novelty and a bit of a mission for the summer,I've spent £10 on some seeds... Planted sweetcorn,garlic,green beans,peppers and chilli in some pots in literally "mud" with some miracle grow,in pots... And got shoots emerging... Got about 150 seeds in all for the money.. Says on the packet not to sow until March for some,some are feburary..but either way I planted them... And it's working... Gonna put them on the shed flat roof when weather calms down

I just love a tryer. Good luck my friend but please be aware that your peppers, chilli, and green beans won't thank you for leaving them on the shed roof. The peppers and chilli need plenty of light and a good bit of warmth............but they do like a long growing season. Your runner beans will shrivel up and die the minute we have a frost......of which we will have many before we're done with winter.

I won't even bother sowing until March.

It's really good to see just what can happen with some seeds though isn't it? You are heading in the right direction and you can pick up some wonderful hints and tips from you tube......and here. :)

I just love a tryer. Good luck my friend but please be aware that your peppers, chilli, and green beans won't thank you for leaving them on the shed roof. The peppers and chilli need plenty of light and a good bit of warmth............but they do like a long growing season. Your runner beans will shrivel up and die the minute we have a frost......of which we will have many before we're done with

I won't even bother sowing until March.

It's really good to see just what can happen with some seeds though isn't it? You are heading in the right direction and you can pick up some wonderful hints and tips from you tube......and here. :)

My pal grew sweet corncobs as a bit of a novice laugh last year... With the idea of picking as and when to through straight on the BBQ... Quality idea!... He ended up with so much that he couldn't even get them in the freezer and shared them out to who ever wanted some... Cost him a couple of pounds to do.

I've got everything indoors at the mo in a porch on the window sill... Then when weather calms down I,ll put them outside and the sheds probably the sunnyest spot...

I chose them as apparently they grow in pots... Other than the corn... See what happens.

Maybe an idea to try this first on Morley Street S6.

http://www.lwcg.co.uk/

I have found that the rents charged for allotments in S9: priced extreemly FAIR. Which allows residents of all budgets to obtain. But there again I have not extensively researched WARDS/AREAS. Do rents DIFFER maybe according to Bands or Postcodes?

Think there something like £30 per year

Was you 11 years old when you had your son ?

That's an odd question :confused::confused:

That's an odd question :confused::confused:

On another post they said they had an 8 year old son. :suspect:

Please Ring me on 07703162688 Peter about help on our allotment

I have found that the rents charged for allotments in S9: priced extreemly FAIR. Which allows residents of all budgets to obtain. But there again I have not extensively researched WARDS/AREAS. Do rents DIFFER maybe according to Bands or Postcodes?

My plots at infield lane were very reasonable, but that's a private site, my new plot costs about twice the price, but is council.