Beginners basketball??

Anyone know somewhere for amateurs to play basketball. Always been a big fan of the sport but never really played and the only places I can are teams in competitive leagues. Just looking for somewhere to have a bit of fun and play a little

If anyone knows of anywhere or is considering starting something like this please let me know

I am also looking for the same and had no luck

I played a lot when younger but very rusty now. If you find anywhere or organise anything please let me no

Would be great to have something like this, I played a lot during school, but haven't played in years.

Oh well thats 3 people interested already. If no-one suggests anywhere that already does this then if we get a couple more people we could set something up outselves

Has anyone found anywhere like this or had anymore interest in setting something up?

iam in, there is nowhere for us, i checked last year and they are all teams which require playing games on weekends, if we can get a sports hall somewhere for a couple of hours per week then we are well on our way.

That's 4 people. If we can get a couple more players we could look at booking a hall somewhere, it would only be a few pound each

I know someone who would definately play.

Sheffield Basketball League in conjunction with Basketball England run 'Ball Again' sessions in Sheffield. They were at All Saints school but I believe the venue has changed. The sessions are geared towards players who played in the past and want to start playing again. I am sure beginners to the game will be welcomed.

The BallAgain sessions are really good if you've not played much before although I don't think they are currently running as there are now local league games at AllSaints on a Friday night - http://www.sheffieldbasketball.co.uk/get-involved/ball-again.

The are lots of the local league teams who run open sessions around Sheffield, most post to the Sheffield Baksetball League Group (not Page) on Facebook which'll come up if you search..

I looked at that but unfortunately they aren't currently running

Shame not looking like they will have anything for a while

Ball Again Back on, details from the SBL facebook page:

We have a few Ball Again sessions coming up on friday evenings at All Saints if anyone is looking to get back into basketball or scrimmage.

30 Jan @ 6.45pm

6 Feb @ 6.45pm

27 Feb @ 8:15pm

6, 13, 20 March @ 6.15pm

£4 session fee,1.5hr session

Cheers.