Pop ups and Flash

iansheff

Is anyone else having problems with the site, the last couple of days I have been getting a banner saying the site is blocked, I am using Mcafee total protection. Also there is a pop up ad that keeps appearing at the bottom of the page that won't go away. Also the Forum page keeps disappearing a page opens replacing it saying I need to update Flash to view the site. I have updated Flash and Java, I never had any hassle with Norton, any helpful comments greatly appreciated or there could be a laptop with a hammer though it soon.

The latest version of Adobe Flash is 16 0 0 235, there are two types ActiveX for Internet Explorer and Plugin for all others.

Most people do not need Java (not Javascript) however, some games require it. so if you don't need it then uninstall it.

Your description suggests you may have some malware infection.

Download and run Malwarebytes

Run a complete scan with your antivirus software

I now run IE with Adobe Flash disabled, and only enable it when required

To Enable/Disable in IE do the following

click the gearwheel (upper right)

Select Manage add-ons

If Flash player is not shown, from the dropdown box (middle left) select All Add-ons

Right-click over Shockwave Flash Object

Enable/disable as required and close the dialog box.

Edited by Mikes10

I keep getting a window saying problems and to ring a technician toll free obviously am not going to ring it.I have taken McaFee off and put the Microsoft AV on to try that. but still getting the suspicious box up saying ring toll free. When I went to the malaware link kept getting a warning not to go there.

Also the Java and Flash keeps coming up saying need the latest version even though I have it, the Flash one is for a page with beautifuldo in the URL and is saying click to get latest download, how can I stop it coming up?

Boot into safe mode, by repeatedly pressing F8 after switch-on

Select 'Safe Mode with networking'

The following steps can be performed in safe mode.

Go to the Malwarebytes site and download the free version to a known location on the computer

Install Malwarebytes, ensure you un-tick 'trail version' on the final dialog box of the installation wizard.

Malwarebytes should auto-run: first updating the database and then a system scan.

The scan can take anything from 10 minutes to an hour or more depending on your system.

Allow malwarbytes to remove any objects detected

Reboot and allow the computer to start normally.

You may want to rescan with malwarebytes or: Launch Internet Explorer, hopefully it should work correctly.