Where can I get bookkeeping / accounting volunteering experience?

Hi, I'm currently studying towards my AAT Level 2 (Accounting Technician) and wondered if there was anywhere I could volunteer to get some work experience behind me.

I've been on VAS (Voluntary Action Sheffield) website however there are no finance vacancies.

I have also done all the usual job searches on Reed, Indeed etc. however they are all for fully qualified jobs and all require previous experience.

So at some point I'm going to have to work for nothing just to get the experience even if I'm qualified.

I really didn't think it would be that difficult to find someone willing to let you do work for them for nothing but that seems to be the case.

George.

• 1 month later...
I really didn't think it would be that difficult to find someone willing to let you do work for them for nothing but that seems to be the case.

George.

Although this flies in the face of a popular misconception, most employers do not want to exploit people. 'free' still has its overheads too (supervision time, risk if you make mistakes etc)

You might want to start off helping out in the charity/voluntary sector. With qualifications and experience, your employment opportunities will increase.

All the very best to you.