Temperate Aquarium Shrimp

I have a temperate aquarium with plenty of Yamato shrimp, and would like to introduce some more colourful shrimp to the tank. Does any one know of anywhere that sells a range of shrimp near to the S5 area? Pets at Home advertise different types but only ever have Yamato. Any suggestions will be gladly received.

I was in Jollyes yesterday and they had some beautiful little red shrimp. I've no idea what they're called though. Have you tried Elm Lane Aquatics? (They're closed on Mondays though)

I had no idea Jollyes did live animals, i thought it was just food and accessories etc. I shall try there. I thought the Elm Lane place had gone. is it still there?

I had no idea Jollyes did live animals, i thought it was just food and accessories etc. I shall try there. I thought the Elm Lane place had gone. is it still there?

Yeah, Jollyes didn't used to do live animals but they do now. They have allsorts! I'd usually avoid buying live animals from such places but their fish do look really healthy and the red shrimp (I'm assuming they're the cherry shrimp) were lovely!

Yes, Elm Lane Aquatics is still up and running, I was in there myself last week.

I'm new to tropical fishkeeping, got my first Betta today :) If you have any pics of your tank, I'd love to see them :)

Elm Lane can you sort you out. I asked him to get some Amano shrimp in for me and he had them in within a week. Other than that shops will generally only stock cherry shrimp.

I'm looking to get some blue and bumble shrimp but it's looking like I'm going to have to buy them online.

If you have any pics of your tank, I'd love to see them

I'll get some taken this week and gladly share. We moved house a couple of months back and it stressed my fish out quite a bit and we sadly lost a couple but its all now back upto full strength and looking healthy again so slowly starting to replace what we lost.

Elm Lane can you sort you out. I asked him to get some Amano shrimp in for me and he had them in within a week. Other than that shops will generally only stock cherry shrimp.

I'm looking to get some blue and bumble shrimp but it's looking like I'm going to have to buy them online

Thanks Notreve i will give this place a try at the weekend. Do you know any reputable online "breeders"/stockists incase thats the only way i can get so more obscure looking ones?

I haven't used any online stockists but I do plan to buy from these guys very soon - http://www.aquaticstoyourdoor.co.uk/tropical-invertebrates/

They have the shrimp I want plus a health guarantee on the stock you buy but I can't find any reviews for them which is worrying.

I've Just had a look at this website, it looks very professional and appear to know what they are talking about and reasonably priced. Just a shame there are no reviews to be found to back it up.