2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Aqua

Hi All,

Just after a bit of help / advise on a few building maintenance issues:-

1. Our wooden bay window frame has started to rot and needs fixing / replacing, possibly needs the roof re-felting too - any suggestions on recommended tradesmen?

2. Wooden guttering is overflowing when it rains (new last year) we need someone to come out an unblock / fix - any suggestions on recommended tradesmen?

3. Attic room dormer window facia board needs replacing, possibly needs the roof re-felting too - any suggestions on recommended tradesmen?

4. New back door and frame needed, looking for a hardwood stable door style door, frame and fixtures and someone to fit it - any suggestions on recommended shop / tradesmen?

5. As a result of guttering leaking, could do with external brickwork re-pointing - any suggestions on recommended tradesmen?

6. Also looking to get kitchen / dining room skimmed / re-plastered in the near future - any suggestions on recommended tradesmen?

We live in Sheffield S8 in a typical Sheffield Terrace house with off-shot kitchen and attic conversion (if that helps at all). Ideally want to get some of this list sorted before Autumn. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jeff the joiner he has loads of posts on the recommended bits, I have worked with him and his work is excellent

---------- Post added 12-08-2014 at 18:10 ----------

Hi, Can anyone recommend a very good tv engineer who comes to the house. Also We need a qualified electrician to install an electric oven, and a qualified plumber to install a washing machine. Thanks in advance.:help:

Van help with the washer ?

Hi

I would like to recommend Whitecliffes. I have had a cellar conversion that was done to a very high standard by Martin and Dale, and the whole thing was project managed by Eric Cliffe. I was away on business for the whole period of the conversion and the whole thing as done that cleanly you would never have guessed that they had been in. Many thanks guys.

Hi

I would like to recommend Whitecliffes. I have had a cellar conversion that was done to a very high standard by Martin and Dale, and the whole thing was project managed by Eric Cliffe. I was away on business for the whole period of the conversion and the whole thing as done that cleanly you would never have guessed that they had been in. Many thanks guys.

Hello bendus2.

Thank you for your recommendation.

Thank you also for entrusting us in your home whilst you have been away.

Enjoy your conversion!

Whitecliffes.

Jeff the joiner he has loads of posts on the recommended bits, I have worked with him and his work is excellent

---------- Post added 12-08-2014 at 18:10 ----------

Van help with the washer ?

Yes happy to help,

sorry dor the delayed response not getting much time on computer lately always at Work!!!