Help with broken underfloor heating

My bathroom electric underfloor heating has stopped working, is it possible to investigate the problem instead of having to rip the whole floor up and replace?

I still have a box of the tiles so it wouldn't be a problem to refit some of them.

Any help/advice gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Lucy

x

Edited by Lucy_Green

My bathroom underfloor heating has stopped working, is it possible to investigate the problem instead of having to rip the whole floor up and replace?

I still have a box of the tiles so it wouldn't be a problem to refit some of them.

Any help/advice gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Lucy

x

What kiind of heating is it electric or water pipes.:confused: Who put the heating in should be first contact.

Edited by spider1

I'm not sure of anything anymore! Last time I checked the panel was working. I have just been down to it now (prompted by your post) and it's not switching on. I will get onto a sparky and start there.

Original post may still stand though so if anyone can advise that would be helpful.

Lucy

x

I'm not sure of anything anymore! Last time I checked the panel was working. I have just been down to it now (prompted by your post) and it's not switching on. I will get onto a sparky and start there.

Original post may still stand though so if anyone can advise that would be helpful.

Lucy

x

Seems like a fuse has blown some were. Have you checked your mains fuse board or look for a switch or fused spur near it. :suspect:

A sparky should be able to check the current flow without taking the floor up, we fit warm up and our electrician checks the circuit before the tiles go down, I doubt it's a problem under the tiles if it's been working and nobody has drilled into it