Wedding Venue Discussion 2015/2016

Need somewhere that has a marquee or somewhere to put a marquee like a field or something! Don't know where to start I know a few venues but all are booked for the dates I want next year?

Any suggestions please? :)

Hi All,

I've done the deed and asked my good lady to be my wife.

We've looked around a selection of hotels within Sheffield but cost has become an issue of the venue. It seems whenever you mention wedding the price quadruples.

Could anyone suggest a nice country pub with a function room where we could have the option of supplying our own buffet or using their services.

Or even a hotel with a function room for a party of around 80 in May next year on a Saturday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Karl

Hi All,

I've done the deed and asked my good lady to be my wife.

We've looked around a selection of hotels within Sheffield but cost has become an issue of the venue. It seems whenever you mention wedding the price quadruples.

Could anyone suggest a nice country pub with a function room where we could have the option of supplying our own buffet or using their services.

Or even a hotel with a function room for a party of around 80 in May next year on a Saturday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Karl

Congratulations! We have been booked to photograph 2 weddings at Whitley Hall and I understand they do a full wedding for around 3-4k which I think is very reasonable indeed - it is also a beautiful venue.

We got married last year and booked The York in Broomhill and and they were amazing in every way. We had Afternoon Tea for 90 (cakes, tea and a cocktail), Prosecco toast, a barrel of beer and 70 bottles of fruit beer, hog roast for 120, ginger beer ice cream cones and 11pm chips all for 2.2k - and the staff were amazing.

It can be done if you shop around and are happy to deviate from the "traditional"

Joanne :)

Edited by Love2print
remove advert

Hi there,

Congratulations,

We have just started hiring hagglers for weddings and would be happy to have a chat if your interested

http://hagglerscorner.co.uk/venue-hire/wedding-venue-hire/

Cheers Dave and Sarah x

---------- Post added 14-07-2014 at 22:25 ----------

Hi,

Does anyone know any good value for money wedding packages? We have a budget of about £4k (80 day guests and 120 night.) Any ideas?

Cheers

Rich

Hi there,

Congratulations,

We have just started hiring hagglers for weddings and would be happy to have a chat if your interested

http://hagglerscorner.co.uk/venue-hire/wedding-venue-hire/

Cheers Dave and Sarah x

As I understand it Wortley Hall offers quite attractive rates because of its trade union roots. It has some really outstanding features and run wedding fayres in October and February.

We've got some images from there in our blog if you fancy taking a look.

Hello,

I am in the process of organising my wedding for summer 2016 and our requirements (in brief) are for a wedding reception venue with a capacity of at least 150 that allows us to do our own catering and DIY sort of vibe, with a max budget of around £10,000. We have so far narrowed down our options to two places that fit our criteria; Hargate Hall and Foxholes Farm and I was hoping for a bit of advice on either of these. Both have their downsides:

Hargate Hall has a maximum number of 15o guests for both the day and evening which is slightly smaller than our ‘ideal’ number. The actual hall itself which we would use in the evening also seems small and I am worried that we would have to spread the evening do across two of the apartments downstairs as well as the hall to cater for our large numbers which could lead to everything being very fragmented – has anyone been here for an evening do with 150 guests?

The downside of Foxholes Farm is that music and the event must finish at 12 (I have also read a review that they sometimes come and make you turn the music down) which is earlier then we would have liked, I have also read bad reviews about the management and that it is very hard to get hold of her. However it is a gorgeous setting and we could have up 200 guests which suits our numbers much more...

Does anyone have any experiences/advice that they could share about either of these places, or suggestions of similar alternatives that might suit our needs?

Thanks

Whirlow Hall Farm is in the country and near the city.

Or there's quite a few halls, such as Cubley, Tankersley, Wood Lane, and similar places, that are just outside the city.

Or be really green and go to Chatsworth. :)

Loads of choice in Sheffield!

Or do what I would love to do, were I not married 11 years ago, and have the wedding at the Yorkshire Wildlife Park!! :)

Wood Lane Countryside Centre in Stannington is where we got married last year. It was a fabulous venue and easy to get to for guest too.

We also looked at Green Directions (just up out of Stannington) and Ecclesall Woods Discovery Centre. I know people that got married at Yorkshire Sculpture Park too.

Hope this helps.

I would highly recommend James Morgan http://mesmorgan.com/theywereinvisible/ - his focus isn't wedding photography but I'm sure you'll agree on looking through his portfolio his photographs are brilliant -that's why we chose him to shoot at our wedding.

He also set up the IJWTGP photo community, http://tekgudphotos.co.uk/

James has an enormous talent and will listen to exactly what you want. We didn't want any particularly staged photos and wanted them to look very natural and go with the flow of the environment.

Hope this helps.

Miranda

Hi All

Sorry if this has been asked before (I did have a quick search). Could anyone recommend a country style pub for a wedding reception. Must be able to hold 50 people for wedding breakfast and 100 for evening do.

We would ideally like somewhere in the south of the city but would look elsewhere to find the perfect place.

Hi All

Sorry if this has been asked before (I did have a quick search). Could anyone recommend a country style pub for a wedding reception. Must be able to hold 50 people for wedding breakfast and 100 for evening do.

We would ideally like somewhere in the south of the city but would look elsewhere to find the perfect place.

Cubley hall nr Penistone,done loads of gigs there, fantastic location with a lovely garden,big barn for the reception,eight bedrooms available including the bridal suite.