worst toilets ever!  

17 members have voted

1. 1. worst toilets ever!

• Corporation
    • Leadmill
    • Gatecrasher 1
    • Kingdom
    • Other (Specify in thread)

There are a few bars with decent toilets though, Bar Matrix for example - shame others can't follow suit.

Never mind the Clubs, I remember a time when the Gents' wotsits in the Sportsman right here in Stannington were beyond filthy... and it's not THAT long since, only in about the last 18 months to 2 years, cos we stopped going in about 18 months ago in favour of the Crown and Glove up in the Village (aka the Top House) cos the Sportsman became a mess of morons chasing each other round the car park, bar room brawls, and regular visits from the Police as a result....

There was also a rumour doing the rounds at the time that the quiz was fiddled cos the same team in the Tap room were winning every week, so we just decided sod it and started going in the much quieter and friendlier Crown and Glove.

Originally posted by mikey

Flares at Xmas - Worst i've seen for a while, I dont normally frequent this place, but it was a xmas night out.

God it was rough - broken glass everywhere - puke all over in the toilets.

Call me a snob if you like but why not employ toilet attendants, some of these places charge enough on the door.

Remember Josephines when they used to have a guy in the toilets, with aftershave etc

Every club in Toronto I went to had an attendent and they couldn't have been cleaner.

Originally posted by fnkysknky

Last time I went to the Corporation was a couple of years ago and I've never seen anything so disgusting, I don't expect nightclub toilets to be spotless but it's an absolute disgrace - surely health and safety would have something to say about it?

Only two weeks ago they overflowed onto the dance floor, glad I wasn't there for that!

Originally posted by mr craig

I'd have to agree with everything that been said about the corp,the toilets in there are really really bad.

I remeber about 7-8 when i first started going out in town we all used to go to berlins (i didnt know any better at the time) and the toilets in there used to be really bad to.T hey used to be about 2 inch deep in water by the end of the night,not nice at all.

You were 7-8 when you first started going out in town?????? That deserves to go in the Guiness Book of Records!! You must have looked really old for your age then!!! :lol:

Originally posted by AngelEyes

You were 7-8 when you first started going out in town?????? That deserves to go in the Guiness Book of Records!! You must have looked really old for your age then!!! :lol:

LOL!!! :D

I ment 7-8 years ago.:)

My part-time dyslexia must have kicked in then!

I'am A dummAy when it comes to teh typing!! :lol:

BTW,i do look really old for my age as well. :cry:

Originally posted by jackthedog

I would have thought it would be hard to miss the bowl for you ladies.

True, but it happens sometimes. (Like if you're a bit wobbly when drunk!). I'm sure it's no where near as bad as what I'm hearing about the men's toilets though. I've never been in a ladies toilet with pee all over the floor, thank god... That's grim.

Periodically you get someone who thinks it's fun to block up all of the toilets with loads of loo roll though...

i went to the *ankers Draft in town before christmas, and the toilets were terrible even in the daytime! The men's toilet pans were all blocked, and one was overflowing and spilling onto the floor and under the cubicle door!! Next time i might dress up as a lady so i can use the ladies loos... they sound so much cleaner!

I recall seeing some market research a few years ago that stated the top reason for females returning to a pub, was the state of the toilets. For males it was second only to the beer.

I don't think it quite works for clubs, as people rarely say they don't go back to a club because of the toilets!

I think clubs, bars & pubs in Sheffield have to wake up and take along hard look at their toilets. Literally. As younger people become more discerning in their choice of venue & the number of venues increase, places will lose out if their facilities are not up to scratch. I've noticed in my work that the expected standards are increasing all the time.

It's great to see Sheffield raising it's game, but it can still do so much more.

I voted for Other - meaning the Casbah - the downstairs toilets there are horrible

Originally posted by Patchy

i went to the *ankers Draft in town before christmas, and the toilets were terrible even in the daytime! The men's toilet pans were all blocked, and one was overflowing and spilling onto the floor and under the cubicle door!! Next time i might dress up as a lady so i can use the ladies loos... they sound so much cleaner!

Trouble with Town though is that there are almost no other facilities if you're out shopping and need a wee, especially down the bottom end of the City centre, around snigg hill and that, not convenient ones anyway, cos there's the Co Op and TJ Hughes' but their loos are on the 2nd and 3rd floors respectively, not very good when you're busting for a pee IMO.