HR Work Experience Advise

Hi,

my last post was removed as I assumed I didn't make it clear I was looking for work experience rather than touting for business!

I'd like to know if anyone could advise if they would be willing to offer work experience in HR.

I'm due to complete CIPD HR Practice certificate in the next month and in the past I've had several years experience within sales and marketing in various sectors.

My CV post children isn't great, and I either get interviews and then pipped to the post by someone with experience of simply don't get interviews at all.

I'm frustrated as someone who is capable yet unable to prove it.

Any advise or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by LornaF
typo

Hi LornaF, took me a while to find you again, but I hope this helps...

Please apply for the job I pointed out to you earlier. I know you don't feel that you have enough experience, and maybe you haven't. But Lisa Nos, the head of HR at St. Lukes, is the nicest, kindest exec I have ever met. Even if you don't get the job, this will be a good opportunity to sell yourself. St. Lukes often take on people who are wanting just 'experience' and even if you don't get the job they may like your pitch and take you on anyway for work experience. They are very nice like that.

I realise my last sentence doesn't make a lot of sense...

Hi LornaF, took me a while to find you again, but I hope this helps...

Please apply for the job I pointed out to you earlier. I know you don't feel that you have enough experience, and maybe you haven't. But Lisa Nos, the head of HR at St. Lukes, is the nicest, kindest exec I have ever met. Even if you don't get the job, this will be a good opportunity to sell yourself. St. Lukes often take on people who are wanting just 'experience' and even if you don't get the job they may like your pitch and take you on anyway for work experience. They are very nice like that.

I realise my last sentence doesn't make a lot of sense...

Thank you, I'll go for it! I just need to find the confidence I had in my twenties to aim higher.

Voluntary work is a good starting point or you can go for the recruitment agencies, which might not be to your taste but it has many transferable skills. I would focus on your skills just as much as any qualification you might have.