Decent butcher in Sheffield

Simmontes on Division Street.

Always been satisfied with every purchase and you will be hard pressed to find cheaper.

As for being in the middle of town and parking, no problem. Speak to Carl and introduce yourself. Ask to put your name in his mobile phone and either ring or text your order through and a time , he will have it ready for you and come out to your car. Let him know what £notes you have and he will have the change ready as well.

Forgot to add, they are open 7am till 7pm and open Sundays.

What a service!

Another vote for Simmonites. We bought a bulk load of meat there about 2 months ago and have saved so much on our weekly shops as a result. Great quality too.

I also love this place. I have had one bad experience (the item in question was something they get from elsewhere) but that has not put me off them, just that product.

There's also a great one in Moor Market that does goat and mutton. Excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

I used Crawshaws the other day (after reading this thread) for some standard, chunky, pork sausage. Tasteless and a bit gristly. I also asked for 6 and she packed me up 8 (I thought £4.60 was a bit steep for 6 links!).

Won't be going back.

Yup - Wasteney's in Grenoside. Home-killed beef at its best

Wasteney's are very good and amazingly cheap too. I bought some Rib Eye steak there and it was half the price it would normally be, better quality too.