Killamarsh around Foxcroft Drive, Spruce Rise, Sycamore Drive etc ,

I know that there's been other threads about Killamarsh of a similar nature but I want to know specifically what people's opinions are of the areas mentioned, before I start house hunting around there.

I've had a quick look on police.uk crime map and there seems to have been quite a few reports of anti-social behaviour around these parts during last summer. This area is around the Bull and Badger pub which looks a bit dodgy from the outside so don't know if that plays its part?

Anyone live in this area or have any comments about it? Ta.

I used to visit friend there. Seemed alrighf

Edited by bluedolphin

I live roughly in that locale. I have a footpath that backs on to tinfoil towers and we the occaisional idiot on a dirt bike, not often. There are the muppets that fly around on mopeds on rowen tree but again nowt major. The car park around the bull and badger does attract ner'do wells, and it's always the same at practically any time of day. That said I've not been a victim of crime and wouldn't consider moving to many other places with houses in a similar price bracket. My mum lives in a far nicer area but has been burgled. Also depends on where you're moving from.

Ask willman on here, he has his finger on the pulse a bit more I think.

Cheers so far guys.

I live roughly in that locale. I have a footpath that backs on to tinfoil towers

What and where are tinfoil towers?

Cheers so far guys.

What and where are tinfoil towers?

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

It's my house in killamarsh, not a million miles away from spruce rise, sycamore drive etc.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

It's my house in killamarsh, not a million miles away from spruce rise, sycamore drive etc.

Doh, now I feel daft. I never looked at your user name. I must admit, it did sound like an interesting place though, being a bit of a tin foil hatter myself. :hihi:

Hi

I live a bit further round Rowan Tree (Laurel/Maple/Elm/Birch) and have never had any issues at all. Like Tinfoil, our house backs on to a footpath but we don't have any problems - I do occasionally hear the dirt bikes but nothing that I would consider a nuisance (and I am outside a LOT!)

In fact I'd agree with everything Tinfoil said - Bull & Badger car park sometimes looks like there's a few dodgy characters but no worse than anywhere else and as bluedolphin said it's mainly kids/teens.

I love living in Killamarsh :)

Oh dear. Just been doing some internet research and this doesn’t paint the area in a very good light at all.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=26&cad=rja&ved=0CFIQFjAFOBQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ne-derbyshire.gov.uk%2FEasysiteWeb%2Fgetresource.axd%3FAssetID%3D40735%26type%3Dfull%26servicetype%3DAttachment&ei=8wgOU8icOc_T7AbH14HIDA&usg=AFQjCNGldAK2pxUUuRenCvTqqS9JtHycjA&sig2=BLa446M-oKXOvAG5RR-yZQ

Loads of comments about the anti-social behaviour around the Stop and Shop and Bull and Badger car park. Having said that, I understand that the B&B is being converted into flats/apartments. Anyone any more info on that? Also, anyone know if the DPPO (Designated Public Places Order) has been extended beyond its trial period, which finished August 2013? Thanks.

Internet research can only tell you about the complaints.

The B&B is now empty and has been for a while. To my knowledge none of the issues have ever involved the B&B anyway, the revolve around parents allowing their children to hang around out side the stop n shop at all hours.Or young drivers who meet up in the car park to appreciate the size of their exhausts.

Hardly downtown Los Angeles.

Everyday mid afternoon there used to be a collection of 4 or 5 alkies who congregated for a chat and walk the dog. Very nice alkies who i've always said hello to and chatted with.

As a village community Killamarsh now has a high rate of complaints 'cos we aren't very tolerant and have been encouraged to report everything by the local PCSO's and also because we are growing which results in ever changing daily life and more children,cars and the usual detritus of estates.

The largest groups of teens meet around the sports centre, now that their parents have forced the centre to allow them to use the facilities.

A hell of a lot of complaints also relate to folks from Chavsville - fisherman trashing the lake and leaving crap,boy racers,idiots being rowdy as they commute to and from Chavsville.

The newer estates around the outside of the village seem to have attracted more problem children as they all seem to be 2 cars,2 jobs, 2 busy to cook a meal families but they congregate in the normal areas that any youths do and not on their own doorstep.

If you'd rather believe internet stuff then thats your business, those of us who have lived here years have a better idea. BUT it isn't for everyone.

Edited by willman

Thanks Willman for your in depth reply. Much appreciated.

Have you read the document? It's not just 'internet stuff', it contains actual instances and police reports of nuisance and harassment from residents living around the area that me and my family are looking to potentially move to, so you can understand my taking a step back, so to speak. Having said that, I do take on board your comment about the internet only seeming to dredge up negatives or complaints. I'm not here just trying to find fault with the area, I'm here to try to find out about the area, warts and all, and I appreciate all comments both positive and negative.

Just out of curiosity, where is Chavsville?

If you're unsure, why not have a drive around at different times of the week/day and see what you think?

Or if you have the means (and a bit more drastic, but if you're keen & not 100% sure), rent in the area before you buy? (appreciate that's not always an option)