Fuji S5 Pro DSLR

Hi

Are there any members who have one or any experience using one?

As it gets varied reviews, I know they are good for portraits but for what they are selling for now they seam a good deal for a kick about camera and as I already have a Nikon with various lenses, it would be nice to try another brand.

I have two, and I honestly wouldn't call them a kick about camera.

What I mean is a camera I can use anywhere and not be frightened of a dent/scratch here or there, like I would be if I was to spend £1000+ on a Nikon body with more pixels then I could ever need, the Fuji looks great value and with only a 6/12 MP sensor I think I will be getting one.

Edited by MickeyDuff

Well I'm still using mine as a main shooter for my weddings. The colour contrast, I feel, is unmatchable. Yes it may be a little dated, slow to read/write. But I've yet to see anything that surpasses it.

I have images blown up poster size with no discernible loss in image quality.

It's the colour contrast that I'm after not so much the Pixel count, so I think I'll give one a try as I have my Nikon for the fast stuff and the only other camera I'm interested in is the full frame D700. I know there all a bit dated but I can't be bothered with all the new Nikon high MP stuff, they seam to be bringing out a new camera every month just for the pixel count and I like to think about shots a bit more instead of letting the camera do the thinking and fixing all your errors in Photo-shop.

Edited by MickeyDuff

I used to have S5pro. Sold only for one reason needed more fps. Dynamic range is great. I was thinking recently to get one again too.

The 5fps is my only real gripe with it to be honest.