Brocco Bank - Why Dont Folk Drive Properly?

Hi

I occasionally drive up Brocco Bank in the afternoon/evening.

Its single lane each way down the hill apart from the last 20 yards or less up to the roundabout when its 2 lanes.

So why does every numpty coming down the hill in the rush hour drive 2 abreast and cross the white line meaning you have to drive in the gutter and bash ur wheels if your coming in the opposite direction?

Whats even worse is the eejits who pull out to take up a position further down the hill when someone is being sensible and treating it as one lane going down.

Its stupid.

What am I missing?

Or is it OK to use the other side of the road as your shortcut when getting back to Whirlow lol

d

So why does every numpty coming down the hill in the rush hour drive 2 abreast and cross the white line meaning you have to drive in the gutter and bash ur wheels if your coming in the opposite direction?

Because it greatly aids traffic flow? And unless you're driving a Hummer I can't see why you'd be in the gutter coming the other direction.

I walk down there every day on my way to uni.

When cars are parked on the opposite side of the road it really does make things awkward and I'm always seeing wing mirrors being clipped etc. To be honest, it's generally the cars queuing down to Hunters Bar in the "left lane" that are in the gutter and scrape wheels etc - often not their fault either - its the cars on the right forcing them across.

Another thing I've noticed is that when somebody who has queued correctly in the LH lane, wants to move lanes when it officially goes into two lanes, they get dirty looks and nobody will let them in :roll:

Exactly - a little bit of common sense helps everyone. Ther road has ample room for 3 cars abreast - one going uphill, two coming downhill.

You don't need to scrape along the kerb!

But in order to use the downhill lane as 2 lanes, one car has to be over the line facing the uphill traffic. If a scrape occurs, I think the law would favour the uphill driver over the downhill one carelessly driving over the middle line.

I've had a few near scrapes when cars have forced me over the line... which is why I think sensible drivers will keep in the middle of the downhill lane until it splits into 2 lanes.