Families with young kids in Worrall?

Hi, our family just moved to Worrall, but we couldn't get our kids into any of the local primary schools (all too full). Are there any other families from around this area on here? Just wondering if anyone knows of any clubs/activities going on that would suit two boys age 6 & 9yrs to help them make new friends in the area?

Sorry, it's S35, close to Loxley and Oughtibridge.

Ah, about as far over the other side of the city from me as you can get. That'll be why I've never heard of it :-/ sorry I can't help. Is the children's information service still around? They used to have all the details for stuff like this x

Thanks for trying! I'll try the Children's Information Service ta.

I think wisewood sports centre have things on. Im also in worrall but my little boy is not at school yet. Or if your boys are into dancing Dance Dynamic run classes at the village hall in worrall.

I think wisewood sports centre have things on. Im also in worrall but my little boy is not at school yet. Or if your boys are into dancing Dance Dynamic run classes at the village hall in worrall.

Thanks Molls. I hadn't thought of Wisewood despite the fact I drive past there every morning - doh! I'll look into the dance thing too - is it urban/street style? My boys have refused to join dance things in the past because they think it's for girls, despite me showing them groups like Diversity!! I'll see if I can persuade them to give it a try.

I am in a similar situation to you in that we are in the process of moving to Worrall with our 6 year old daughter and 3 year old son, and our daughter has not been able to get into the nearest school, so am keeping a keen eye on this thread to see the suggestions made!

I have been able to get my daughter's name down for brownies at Wharncliffe side. If you are after swimming lessons I believe there are a few places around who offer this such as hillsborough leisure centre, chapeltown etc - these may offer other activities too for your boys.

I am in a similar situation to you in that we are in the process of moving to Worrall with our 6 year old daughter and 3 year old son, and our daughter has not been able to get into the nearest school, so am keeping a keen eye on this thread to see the suggestions made!

Hope your move goes smoothly Wend. I'll update this thread if I find out anything. I'm hoping when the weather gets better there might be more kids out and about in the local park. We moved here at the end of November, but haven't really met anyone yet!

Edit: I've heard from the lady who runs the dance group in Worrall, and it seems that it's mainly girls (& a few younger boys), so not great for my two, but I wonder if that would be any good for your daughter when you move here?

Edited by MandShef
Update

Thanks for the update on the dance group, I might look into it when we move. Do you know how much it costs? It always seems easier to meet people when the weather is nicer as people seem to be stuck at home at the moment rather than popping to the park after school or on a weekend.

Can I ask which schools your kids go to? Was it oughtibridge you applied to? Worrying that we might not get in either when the time comes. A friends son goes to (I think) scouts at the church hall in wisewood & another friends kids (boy & girl) play in local football teams in Loxley. Ill ask what else they do. Good luck!

We've not moved yet but yes we did apply for Oughtibridge as it's by far the nearest at 0.5 miles away but it is full for Y2 as is Wharncliffe side, Loxley and Marlcliffe so at the moment my daughter has been allocated a place at Wisewood.