Loxley Road - accidents and traffic

Hi everyone,

I'm a third year journalism student. I'm covering North-West Sheffield as my patch for news stories. I've heard about the affairs on Loxley Roadand Worrall Road too.

Here's what I've heard so far:

Loxley Rd in particular has had many accidents. The most recent was about a year ago? When a drunk driver hit a man who was changing his wheel by the side of the road. He was seriously injured. The driver fled form the scene.

Cllr Stuart Coe from Bradfield Parish council wants a 20mph speed limit imposed in the area. However, the last application for this in Sheffield city council was turned down because there was not enough fatalities along the stretch of road for it to warrant a 20mph speed limit.

It's a contentious issue, and I was wondering if anyone had any further information on the a) this last accident b)if anyone knows of anymore accidents c) if anyone knows about any pressure being put on the council to so something about the state of driving on the road.

Thanks for your help!!!

The road through the village of Worrall has a 30 mph limit but not many vehicles slow down when driving through it.It is a miracle that there has not been a serious accident here considering there are two bus stops in the immediate area near the public house also a blind bend on approaching the pub and post office and bus stop when driving from Oughtibridge toward Wadsley.I should imagine any speed limit would be ignored.

If you'd like to help the OP with his/her research please make contact by PM.