Hope someone can help - how to install sims 3 on laptop?

Hi, my son bought sims 3 (new) off amazon a few weeks ago. When we tried to install it on the laptop it asked us to install origin -so we did. When we tried to install the game again it asks us to type in the code inside the case - which we did, it then directs us to the official sims site, where it asks us to input the code again to register which seems to work fine. But then when we try to play the game the origin screen pops up again - again asking to input the code, only to get a message saying this code has already been used!! We seem to keep going round in circles between the origin page & the sims page trying to install the game! Has any had the same issue? I would be grateful for any advice. Thank you.

Edited by jess.s

I might be wrong as it's been a while since I played, but I believe when you go to play it, you are asked to input the code to register, I think there's an option to log in with an existing account.

sims 3 is mind boggling to get up and running ,if you still having trouble you can go onto a live chat on EA site ,i did the same and the person i spoke to sorted it out no problem ;)