Turtle Needs Rehoming

TURTLE NOW HAS A NEW FOREVER HOME

THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT REPLIED.

Hi There

I was wondering if anybody would be able to help me.

A couple of months ago I inherited a yellow bellied slider turtle through the death of a family member.

Ive tried to take care of it but I am unexperienced with reptiles and unfortunately don't have the time to commit to it.

I believe it is a couple of years old and shell size is approx. 12-15cm in length (I will try and update this more accurately its just a guess at the moment as I cant find my tape measure but to lift him I have to use both hands)

I have looked at photos of these turtles on the internet and its shell is very dull in comparison but he has always looked like this as far as I know.

Also on one of his back paws his claws seem deformed as they are thicker then his other paws and they curl instead of being straight - again had this all along as far as I know and doesn't seem to effect him as far as I can tell.

I don't want anything for him, just to go to someone who knows and can look after him and love him.

If anyone could help or point me in the direction of someone who can I would really appreciate it.

Many Thanks in advance.

Edited by na2009
Turtle now rehomed

Reptilia in Ossett, Wakefield will probably take him, they have fabulous set ups for the terrapins there. Don't have their number to hand but if you google it, that should give you all the info you need. xx Good luck

Hello,

Where abouts are you? I can look after him for a bit and try to find him/her a new home. Ive owned lots of turtles/terrapins/tortoises in the past so have abit of experience with them :)

However, Ive kinda moved on from turtles and mainly keep poultry, hence no turtles now... But more than happy to help out and offer yours a roof over his head in the mean time.

Cris.

Hi There

I was wondering if anybody would be able to help me.

A couple of months ago I inherited a yellow bellied slider turtle through the death of a family member.

Ive tried to take care of it but I am unexperienced with reptiles and unfortunately don't have the time to commit to it.

I believe it is a couple of years old and shell size is approx. 12-15cm in length (I will try and update this more accurately its just a guess at the moment as I cant find my tape measure but to lift him I have to use both hands)

I have looked at photos of these turtles on the internet and its shell is very dull in comparison but he has always looked like this as far as I know.

Also on one of his back paws his claws seem deformed as they are thicker then his other paws and they curl instead of being straight - again had this all along as far as I know and doesn't seem to effect him as far as I can tell.

I don't want anything for him, just to go to someone who knows and can look after him and love him.

If anyone could help or point me in the direction of someone who can I would really appreciate it.

Many Thanks in advance.

Thanks for you replies.

one_eye_ted ive sent you a pm