Bannerdale centre

Walking on the bottom field opposite the car park and noticed quite a few stakes in the ground , sprayed pink or blue . Any ideas what they are for ?

the land has been sold and they looking to put houses on parts of it although there will still be right to access some parts of the field areas

Where are the planning permission signs? Surely there should have been some consultation. Another great open space available to the public being built on. Maybe we should take the Turkish example and occupy the land!

There appears to have been no Planning Application on the site during the last 5 years.

Someone may be pulling your leg.

Does the sale of the land ,if that is the case , include the centre as well I assume it will then go the same way as the Hastings rd buildings

Former Abbeydale Grange School, Bannerdale Centre and Park Sites

DRAFT Design and Planning Brief

To be issued for public consultation Feb/ March 2013

Date 20th February 2013

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/dms/scc/management/corporate-communications/documents/planning/advice/Draft-Brief-for-Former-Abbeydale-Grange-and-Bannerdale-Centre-Sites/Draft%20Brief%20for%20Former%20Abbeydale%20Grange%20and%20Bannerdale%20Centre%20Sites.pdf.

Public Consultation

Following public consultation we, as the land owner, intend to seek Outline Planning Permission for residential development on both parts of the overall site (ie the site of Abbeydale Grange School and one of the two sites identified in the northern area) before disposal to a developer. Through this work a preferred set of sites will be identified and at the same time we will be developing a long term management plan for the open space.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/business-economy/property-available/asset-enhancement-programme/abbeydale---bannerdale.html

Edited by cgksheff

I can't recollect having seen any notices about public consultations and the last few signs were informing the public about a topographical survey which took place earlier this year. . I'm suprised that an area of land so under used has been standing empty for such a long period although as the lower field next to the car park was a landfill site and the drainage is poor I'd not like a house there.