First Fluff Flinging Session and Addicted..

Had my first ever fly fishing session this afternoon and i caught one.:banana::banana:

not only caught one but by far the biggest ive caught to date.I had only had a quick lesson of a friend a week or so ago, practiced few times on back garden and seemed to get on great with it.. What a feeling i got when i saw it take my fly,gave me a great fight i went silent heart was pounding :loopy::hihi: My brother in law who took me and is a (fluff flinger) didnt get one, but was chuffed i did.Going for first full day at press manor thursday cant wait.

well done don!

I must try it soon too!

gl for thursday.

I was dicking around on youtube the other day and saw a fantastic vid clip of a man in Maine catching lovely brook trout via fluff - (vid is called Big Brook Trout) - I was ready to jump on a plane. Some lovely trout locally though so don't really need to venture too far!

nice one don! i took up fly fishing in the late 70's simply because of the close season that

existed then. a neighbour's friend taught me how to cast and then took me to morehall.

as you say, hooking a trout on the fly is a great feeling. i like fishing a dry fly where you can actually see the take.

Thanks guys im so looking forward to tomorrow... and i too charlie took it up because of the close season.lol Best fishing experience so far.. just need to get myself some waders vest and net then no looking back.

the gear i've got is more suited to reservoir type fishing but i might just get myself a 4/5

weight rod and line for sessions on the river. you've whetted my appetite don!

love it charlie i had the most awesome day fishing yesturday.. my brother in law took me to barlow we stayed allday sun was blazing i caught a couple of really nice rainbows .. started off doing one good cast and ten bad ones...lol by the end of the day i was getting on with it alot better.. i couldnt belive it when we got there and saw loads of carp in one of the trout lakes swimming around in the sun i was gutted i didnt have a bread fly.. a chap on there landed a 23lb mirror on fly rod .unreal.. so in the afternoon i saw to smallish carp swimming towards me so cast fly to them (best cast allday) first fish turned away second one took the bloody thing heart was going like a good en i played it for about 30 seconds then snap :( but wow i had a cracking day.. you will be definatley seeing me on the don trying to fly fish:hihi:

a friend of mine, a keen fly angler, once tied some flies to look like chum mixers. he took his fly gear to hayfield to try them out after a match he was fishing there. he had more

carp on these than he caught in the match!

do you guys know where i can get some decent flys from??? ive been given 2 boxes full but not sure on which to use..so thought maybe just better buying a few dry's from shop. any idea where is good for them? tackle shops near me dont do much fly tackle..im wanting to get a few hours in this week .

i don't think any of the sheffield shops cater much for fly anglers these days. my friend

mentioned one of the rotherham shops (i can't remember which one) having a decent selection of fly tackle. other than that it's the internet or ads in 'trout fisherman' etc.

try fishing republic or decathlon websites or ebay

well the other thing is charlie i do have 2 big boxes full!! but the problem is i dont know which are which and if they anygood so thought if shops sold them i could just buy 1 or 2 match em up then have idea what type to use..just been told to try climax at dronfield

have you tried looking for a fly tying book which would help you identify the flies you have? even then, some may not be standard patterns but a variation of a certain fly.