Retriever advice

We have a black labrador she is working gundog lines intellegent, obedient and gentle. Loves children and is friendly with anyone who cares to pay attention to her. She doesn't moult a lot and has a brilliant loud bark when anyone comes to the door. She also does the gundog thing with dummies and just seemed to want to be obedient and do the job she was bred for. For our family labrador retrievers are the only dog to have.

Hi, sorry I Carnt help with breeder recommendation as the breeder we got our first Golden retriever from was stopping due to ill health and we got the last pup. Our second one whom we got as a companion for our first was a private sale from an advert as we didnt want a puppy. I've met golden retriever owners who didnt know either about the two forms of GR just look at the build of the parents your wanting show stature wide head the chunky (not meaning fat) the better a thinner faced and more leaner body lends itself to the working breed but that's not a conclusive judgment just my observational experience. I found a book I purchased from Pets at home (years ago mind you) was a great read on the breed.

Good luck with finding a breeder of your final choice of breed I know the flat coat retriever owners had to travel far down south to get theirs as of the lack of breeders due to how uncommon they are. :)