Angry football fan killed tot after goal

read qoute 85

I have. Read the thread beforehand and get a feel for the context in which your post landed - ie. right in the middle of a debate about state-sanctioned rape as punishment. Therefore your post read as though it was a comment on the hypothetical rapist discussion and not on the OP as you intended.

---------- Post added 30-03-2013 at 18:45 ----------

i am glad its not you

Why is that?

How would that work in practicality? Who gets to decide how despicable something is?

Certain cases cause public outrage, they are pretty easy to spot, i could reel off a whole list but that'd be pretty pointless as they are so obvious.

Can i ask you a question now ?

If a dog had killed this poor little mite would it deserve a trial, sentencing and in 10 years time it's freedom, where the usual outcome would be death by injection ?

---------- Post added 30-03-2013 at 18:47 ----------

M8634-why bother arguing with these two posters who seem locked into a Dickensian view of justice.You cant argue with a sick mind-or in this case two sick minds.

Here we go again, can't put your case across without personal insults.

Fail. :loopy:

M8634-why bother arguing with these two posters who seem locked into a Dickensian view of justice.You cant argue with a sick mind-or in this case two sick minds.

I just feel that if a position cannot stand a little scrutiny then it inevitable exposed for the nonsense it is. To call for violent acts to be brought upon those who commit violent acts is self-contradictory and hypocritical. Their answers stand for others to see.

I just feel that if a position cannot stand a little scrutiny then it inevitable exposed for the nonsense it is. To call for violent acts to be brought upon those who commit violent acts is self-contradictory and hypocritical. Their answers stand for others to see.

What utter nonsense. I suggest you're in the minority here.

I just feel that if a position cannot stand a little scrutiny then it inevitable exposed for the nonsense it is. To call for violent acts to be brought upon those who commit violent acts is self-contradictory and hypocritical. Their answers stand for others to see.[/QUOT

if this was your grandchild , that the football fan had killed , how would you feel ?

Certain cases cause public outrage, they are pretty easy to spot, i could reel off a whole list but that'd be pretty pointless as they are so obvious.

Can i ask you a question now ?

If a dog had killed this poor little mite would it deserve a trial, sentencing and in 10 years time it's freedom, where the usual outcome would be death by injection ?

Why should public outrage be employed as any kind of barometer of justice?

Despite your analogy not holding up for a variety of reasons I will indeed give you an answer.

The dog should be dealt with as prescribed by law.

---------- Post added 30-03-2013 at 18:54 ----------

What utter nonsense. I suggest you're in the minority here.

What, specifically, is nonsense?

Why should public outrage be employed as any kind of barometer of justice?

Despite your analogy not holding up for a variety of reasons I will indeed give you an answer.

The dog should be dealt with as prescribed by law.

---------- Post added 30-03-2013 at 18:54 ----------

What, specifically, is nonsense?

As i said earlier, you're just a fence sitting sheep, and to add to that lilly livered people like you are the reason this country is in such a mess. People in jail with tv's, playstations and better food than those who've never committed a crime in their lives.

if this was your grandchild , that the football fan had killed , how would you feel ?

I had already addressed a point similar to this but it seems to have been deleted as it also referenced another poster's insults.

So, I would feel devastated and would surely want to do him the most severe harm. Which is precisely why I should play no part in how he is dealt with. I would be incapable of rational thought and emotion would doubtlessly be urging me to seek revenge. This is also why a civilised and just society should step in at this point and deal with him dispassionately and according to the law, which is exactly what has happened in this case.

---------- Post added 30-03-2013 at 19:01 ----------

As i said earlier, you're just a fence sitting sheep, and to add to that lilly livered people like you are the reason this country is in such a mess. People in jail with tv's, playstations and better food than those who've never committed a crime in their lives.

How am I sitting on the fence? As I have proven before I have made my opinion on the subject perfectly clear and stated my case strongly.

Do you know what sitting on the fence means?

One or two posts ago you chided a fellow poster for directing insults at you. Now you are directing them at me.

Here we go again, can't put your case across without personal insults.

Fail. :loopy:

Sound familiar? More self-contradiction.

Edited by mikem8634