Apps for Sony Ericsson W995

Romario

Hi

I have this phone factory reseted!

Can i still get apps like facebook & Sat Nav for it & can my local Vodafone shop do this!

I don't like all the touchscreen or qwerty stuff so this is phone for me!

Advice appreciated!

Rom

There is plenty for it I'm looking now :|

---------- Post added 03-02-2013 at 21:49 ----------

eg

http://www.getjar.com/mobile/15801/facebook-mobile-for-sony-ericsson-w995/?ref=0&lvt=1359927786&sid=k60eshzkieh5x6gg&c=387wmg1tphucxxev1B&lang=en

Btw, with Facebook, you're better using your browser than any app in my experience!

---------- Post added 03-02-2013 at 21:50 ----------

Google Maps

http://www.getjar.com/mobile/15897/google-maps-for-sony-ericsson-w995/?ref=0&lvt=1359928184&sid=k60eshzkieh5x6gg&c=dppzqa0dpthpt78b12&f=579403776&lang=en

Once you set your device name to W995, every app it shows you is for your phone

---------- Post added 03-02-2013 at 21:52 ----------

I doubt if Vodafone will put any apps on the phone for you. You just need any Java app you like, most should work. Download to your computer and transfer to the phone with USB. Vodafone taking any interest in installing 3rd party apps for you is very unlikely :(

You should set the phone before it comes to pressing download. It should pop up in a box for you to choose.

The app you are trying to download doesn't work with your phone if your phone isn't listed.

If you are looking on a computer, the bar that says HOME, CATEGORIES, APPS, FRIENDS etc should have your phone model at the end of it - or an option for setting it

---------- Post added 03-02-2013 at 21:59 ----------

When I click download on the Facebook link I posted above it says

To download to your phone:

1) go to m.getjar.com on your phone

2) Select Quick Download at the bottom of the page

3) Enter 15801

Yes thanks i see that now sorry!! I'm gonna contact Vodafone tomoz & see what they say about setting phone up for sms, mms, email & internet!! I think they maybe should help!! Once i get it set up for internet etc i can download!!

Yes thanks i see that now sorry!! I'm gonna contact Vodafone tomoz & see what they say about setting phone up for sms, mms, email & internet!! I think they maybe should help!! Once i get it set up for internet etc i can download!!

Ahhh yeah, they'll send a text with the settings for MMS and WAP, you might even get them automatically when you put the SIM in the phone :)