Trainonlone.com questions

I'm overseas at the moment and got a train ticket from Manchester to Airport to Sheffield for late next month, for 10 pounds fifty.

unfortunately I messed up this time on the computer and apparently i have to validate the ticket at the airport when I arrive with the reference number and the card I used to make the booking.

unfortunately, I do not have the card therefore I cannot do this.

on a previous occasion, I got like a train e-ticket and printed it out, and that was enough for me to board the train.

so I have the following questions :

1) is it possible for me to change the ticket type from needing validating to online e-ticket without going to the trouble and probably big expense of calling them up from thousands of miles away?

2) Maybe I'll just scrap the existing booking and get a new one. What do I have to look for on the site to avoid getting a validation ticket and just get an e-ticket?

3) lastly, I might simply forget about getting an e-ticket and just get a ticket with cash at the airport train station instead. How much is a ticket to travel immeadiately, paid in cash? I only have about 13 pounds in English money.

Why are you coming all this way with so little preparation and money?

why are you being so critical when someone is asking for help?

---------- Post added 27-01-2013 at 10:24 ----------

I'm overseas at the moment and got a train ticket from Manchester to Airport to Sheffield for late next month, for 10 pounds fifty.

unfortunately I messed up this time on the computer and apparently i have to validate the ticket at the airport when I arrive with the reference number and the card I used to make the booking.

unfortunately, I do not have the card therefore I cannot do this.

on a previous occasion, I got like a train e-ticket and printed it out, and that was enough for me to board the train.

so I have the following questions :

1) is it possible for me to change the ticket type from needing validating to online e-ticket without going to the trouble and probably big expense of calling them up from thousands of miles away?

2) Maybe I'll just scrap the existing booking and get a new one. What do I have to look for on the site to avoid getting a validation ticket and just get an e-ticket?

3) lastly, I might simply forget about getting an e-ticket and just get a ticket with cash at the airport train station instead. How much is a ticket to travel immeadiately, paid in cash? I only have about 13 pounds in English money.

If you book on line then you do need always need to produce the card you paid with to get you ticket from the fast track machines so you will not be bale to avoid doing that.

If you buy a ticket on arrival it seems to cost almost £22.00:

http://ojp.nationalrail.co.uk/service/timesandfares/MIA/SHF/today/1030/dep

You can get a coach to Sheffield for about £10 if you book on line:

http://coach.nationalexpress.com/nxbooking/journey-list

but you better check on the website if you will again need the card you paid with:

https://help.nationalexpress.com/help/general/make_an_enquiry

Good luck.