The NHS, privatisation, tax and the tory led coalition

There really is no need to wonder why the newspapers have been reporting the tory led coalition's plan to exempt private companies who contract to provide NHS services from Corporation Tax. This all makes perfect sense when you bear in mind that there is no use exploiting a system (i.e. the Tax system) if you are also paying into it. The profit motive is what these businesses are all about, and they would not make the effort unless they can be sure that they can exploit tax payers with impunity.

Tax avoidance and deregulation are essential components of the neoliberal agenda, so that big business can promise to supply a service without the difficulties of actually providing what they promise or paying their share into HM Revenue and Customs.

Who makes the profit? They do. Who pays for it? Us!

Who makes the profit? They do. Who pays for it? Us!

Do you spend every penny you earn on living expenses? Probably not, so what do you do with what is left, i.e. your profit. Do you invest it or use it to enjoy yourself?

Do you spend every penny you earn on living expenses? Probably not, so what do you do with what is left, i.e. your profit. Do you invest it or use it to enjoy yourself?

If he invests what he has or enjoys himself, he has nothing left. Don't you think people should enjoy themselves then?

Archived