How can I stop someone parking in my car parking space?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gym_rat

I would imagine cease trespass would be the first thing that came to mind.

All you would be able to claim is liquidated damages though....(moosey will correct me)

You get the same problem as ppc's do with trespass. What's the financial loss?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

about £3.50 for wear and tear?

what if I paid for parking and couldnt use it - could I claim then?

Edited by gym_rat

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moosey

about £3.50 for wear and tear?

It'd be considered de minimis (too small to bother the court with ) so not much point. The police would be a better option and you then get to argue with them when they say there's no offence.

It'd be considered de minimis (too small to bother the court with ) so not much point. The police would be a better option and you then get to argue with them when they say there's no offence.

police seems best option.

Just wondered if anyone has any (sensible) advice as to how I can stop someone parking in my car parking space which I own. I have an allocated parking space within a private development and every time I disappear for a couple of days the same person jumps in my parking space. I have asked them 5 times now but still they keep parking there when I disappear for a few days. If anyone has experienced a similar situation and has managed to find a legal solution I would be very grateful to have your comments.

if your disabled the council will paint yellw lines thay should work, do what i did i drove round till i found 4 police no parking cones there are dozens of them laying around or 4 or 5 ordinary cones it worked for me this may be wrong but if they park there when your are around or gone shopping get some of those wood carpet grips with the nails sticking out lay those down but put up a notice saying what you have done you don't want a bill for 4 new tyres i hate it when other drivers dont realize someone lives there good luck

if your disabled the council will paint yellw lines thay should work, do what i did i drove round till i found 4 police no parking cones there are dozens of them laying around or 4 or 5 ordinary cones it worked for me this may be wrong but if they park there when your are around or gone shopping get some of those wood carpet grips with the nails sticking out lay those down but put up a notice saying what you have done you don't want a bill for 4 new tyres i hate it when other drivers dont realize someone lives there good luck

i dont think advocating stealing property is a great suggestion in this case, to be fair.

I'd guess that they probably can't see what all the fuss is about if they are parking there when you are not using the space. And I'm wondering myself why this should be a problem for you? They presumably are not causing any damage or harm by parking there whilst you're away?

I can imagine that it's frustrating and inconvenient for you when you return to find your space taken of course. What's their reaction when you ask them to move the vehicle? Do they do so willingly?

I think the worst thing you can do is to let this escalate into some kind of a dispute. How about telling them in advance that you are going to be away for a certain period of time and that they are welcome to park there whilst you're away - but - you need to be able to get access on your return? That might be a better approach and bring a positive result.

If they are being awkward and unreasonable though then I guess you always have the option of the collapsable post that others have mentioned - but I'd try and resolve it amicably if I were you.

What a great piece of advice,and the team at Relate could really benefit from your wise conciliatory words.

Thanks for your comments and for the links which are really helpful the one with the toy car is so funny it made my day. I think the collapsible bollards are a great idea and is the answer, but when I asked the management company about fitting one they said we couldn't because it then opens it up to people being able to put what they want on the parking spaces eg. sheds etc. (a load of rubbish actually) but they have said we carn't do it. :(

Then why not ask the management company to write to the owner of the car explaining the protocols on parking. Try this first, you pay a service charge find out what your paying for.

Edited by Harder Mints