So Jobcentre cancelled JSA after missed signing on, what to do?

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum.

I've dropped out of my business degree and looking to study a MEng in Civil Engineering in October 2014, which I find this field to be very practical, creative and fulfilling.

I was at college taking part in an Access to Higher Education Computing course while trying to claim JSA, but dropped out of that too.

I failed to apply for a full time job which was provided to me by the jobcentre since that job conflicted with one of my college days and also by mistake I missed a signing on day, which I assumed my appointment was the signing on.

So I'm out of education (going back to education later), got no money, looking hard for jobs to obtain an income to maintain myself. Its preety depressing in my situation.

What can I do to reclaim JSA in this position as a temporary means until I find a job?

I've got GCSE's, A-levels, IT skills, voluntary work experience, hopefully someone will find me enticing.

Edited by Indigo89

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum.

I've dropped out of my business degree and looking to study a MEng in Civil Engineering in October 2014, which I find this field to be very practical, creative and fulfilling.

I was at college taking part in an Access to Higher Education Computing course while trying to claim JSA, but dropped out of that too.

I failed to apply for a full time job which was provided to me by the jobcentre since that job conflicted with one of my college days and also by mistake I missed a signing on day, which I assumed my appointment was the signing on.

So I'm out of education (going back to education later), got no money, looking hard for jobs to obtain an income to maintain myself. Its preety depressing in my situation.

What can I do to reclaim JSA in this position as a temporary means until I find a job?

I've got GCSE's, A-levels, IT skills, voluntary work experience, hopefully someone will find me enticing.

There are plenty of part time cleaning jobs that employers struggle to fill and they will pay about the same as JSA for 10 hours work.

I failed to apply for a full time job which was provided to me by the jobcentre since that job conflicted with one of my college days

Surely a full time job would conflict with most if not all of your college days?

If studying part time you need to be prepared to give up your course if you find a job.

http://www.tower.ac.uk/files/2009JobseekersAllowance.pdf

only an idiot goes to work for the same money as jsa

The OP isn't getting JSA and may not get it for 6 months; a cleaning job would solve their lack of money problem.

When I did it I looked at as someone actually paying me to do some exercise, cleaning is a very good workout.