Two schools on one site?

The government is cutting funding for schools, so why do we still have schools such as Dobcroft Infant and Junior, Hunters Bar Infant and Junior on one site, with two Headteachers, two deputy head, two set of admin staff etc. Would it not make sense to combine them and spend the savings on improving the buildings to provide a better environment for children to learn in?

The government is cutting funding for schools, so why do we still have schools such as Dobcroft Infant and Junior, Hunters Bar Infant and Junior on one site, with two Headteachers, two deputy head, two set of admin staff etc. Would it not make sense to combine them and spend the savings on improving the buildings to provide a better environment for children to learn in?

You would end up with one collegiate head two heads of school,two deputies each with an assistant head ,but with the same ancillary staff,and one less caretaker.You underestimate the power of bureaucracy to mutate and replicate.

I know where your coming from, but I remember a few years back, when Hallam Infant and Junior became into one as a primary school, the duplicated staff were taken out. There are a few schools with the senero that you are referring to and that has happened where a headteacher has left and no suitable head is appointed. In them situations a executive head is appointed, where they lead more then one school and the schools have have a head of school. From my research into this topic, a head of school is not paid the same amount as a headteacher.

You would end up with one collegiate head two heads of school,two deputies each with an assistant head ,but with the same ancillary staff,and one less caretaker.You underestimate the power of bureaucracy to mutate and replicate.