How they celebrate Christmas abroad

I went to Belgium this weekend and got chatting to a lovely fella who told me that over there they give all the presents on Christmas Eve and Father Christmas (or St Nicholas) comes into town on 6th Dec riding a white horse

I'm curious to know if anyone knows of any other interesting Christmas celebrations or traditions from overseas that we might not know about it

The exchange of presents on the evening on the 24th, as well as the tale of St Nicholas delivering sweets and other gifts through the chimney, are widespread on the continent.

"Closely related figures are also known in German-speaking Europe and territories historically influenced by German culture, including: Switzerland (Samichlaus), Germany and Austria (Sankt Nikolaus); the region of South Tyrol in Italy; Nord-Pas de Calais, Alsace and Lorraine in France – as well as in Luxembourg (De Kleeschen), parts of Central Europe and the Balkans."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas