Council tip - can I take a tele?

big_g

Leave it on your front Monday morning, it will be gone within the hour :)

DON'T

Within the hour is right, but what will happen is not disappearance, what will happen is the CRT tube will be smashed, shattered glass strewn all around, the shell left behind, the wire around the tube stripped and any metal taken.

Leaving behind a big mess on your front.

Take it to the tip or advertise on sheffield forum free to collector someone might make use out of it

Tried that - no takers. It's been in our loft for a couple of years - we had two up there and actually managed to sell one about 12 months back on eBay - went for about £15. I suppose when you can pick up a small digital enabled flatscreen for about £50 - no-one's going to want a CRT where you need to buy a remote for the freeview box.

Yeah, it wasn't just the question of whether the tip would take the tele. Someone might come up with an alternative disposal route or might actually want to take the TV off my hands - hence the reason the original post had so much detail on the type of TV, etc.

Anyhow, off work on Monday so will likely take it to the tip then.

Cheers

G