Electrician needed

I've recently had some work done on my house which has turned into a bit of a nightmare as the guy in charge of it all has basically abandoned the job half done and has not provided me with certificates for the electrical work that's been done (I'm taking him to court over it all, as it's ended up costing me a lot extra to get it completed).

Are there any electricians who'd be willing to come and check the electrical work and certify it? I know most electricians don't like doing things like this but I need to make sure the work has been done right and get the certification for it. I understand that you can't just come and have a quick look for a few quid, I know you'd need to check everything thoroughly and that you'd have to charge for your time. I'm hoping to get it done as soon as possible, so if you'd be able to help me later this week or early next week, or you can recommend someone who could, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Hi give brian a call sure they can help they have done a similar situation before they'll help you out and advice on what needs doing very good chaps

BK electricians - 07545399950

Just tell them luke as passed you on

Can anyone give me a rough idea how much I might expect to pay for the electrical work to be tested, so I know if I'm being charged about the usual amount? The work that's been done includes:

- 5 new plug sockets installed

- new fuseboard for kitchen electrics

- new electric cooker installed

- under-cupboard lights fitted

- wall lights, old electric sockets, old shaving point and old shower capped off - these have now been plastered/tiled over, so I don't know what to do about these if they need to be checked

Edited by hillsgal

No electrician should certify anyone elses work because its not allowed. They could check it for saftey but must not issue a certificate and notify it. Remember they are signing to say they have run every cable correctly and to the regs.

My advise to you is firstly contact his electrical trade body (assuming he was Part P registered.) I am with Napit and in this situation they will act on your behalf and sort it out or try your buiding control officer.

Thanks Carl - unfortunately as the electrician who did the work was subcontracted by the guy who was in charge of doing the whole job on my house, I didn't meet him myself and I don't have any details for him so that I can get in touch with his trade body. In hindsight I should have obviously got his details before he did the work, but at that stage I had no reason to think that anything was out of order with the job and I was told that the certification paperwork would be left when the job was done. I've been chasing it up but the guy I employed to manage the whole thing has basically disappeared and has not provided me with the certification. It's all very dodgy and I have my suspicions that the electrician was not Part P registered after all.

There's surely some way that I can get all of the work checked and certified to say that it's safe though - what if I wanted to sell my house and needed to provide evidence that the existing electrics had been done correctly?

Hi,

I'd be happy to conduct a periodic inspection and test on your property, which would advise you on anything that maybe unsafe or not in compliance with current wiring regulations. I am fully qualified and part p registered. This isn't an installation certificate as rightly pointed out shouldn't be issued by anyone other than the person conducting the works.

Thanks.

Hey if you need an electrician i recently used AN Hobson Electrical, they were really efficient and they had great testimonials so i knew they were trustworthy! Hope this helps :)