Worst Place In Sheffield To Get Your Car Nicked?

Not so much car theft, but friends of ours that live in Woodhouse have had their car broken into several times this year, as have some of their neighbours.

To try and protect their vehicle from further attack, our friends have recently had the curb dropped outside their house and built a gated drive, losing their front garden in the process.

They will gain money wise with a drop in car insurance

mine was nicked off crabtree near northern general in 2010 :( sods! came out of work to find another car parked in spot mine was in, at first i wondered if i had parked it somewhere else and forgot lol

I actually remember one of the estates in Sheffield becoming infamous for being the worst estate for car theft in Europe a few years ago. There was actually a documentary about it in which the makers of the program were told where to place a vehicle so they could film it being stolen. They were not disappointed. Several interested parties appeared in a very short period of time.

It was the Manor actually...just came to me. It may have improved now though.

That was in the Viking Lea area of the Manor. While they were off busy, filming the target vehicle, all the crews’ cars got broken into. Incredibly they had left equipment and mobile phones in full view.

I keep my keys in my safe in my bedroom along with my other valuables at night.

You're probably safer leaving the keys in open view downstairs.

If you have a very valuable car , better they get in and out quick and your insurance sorts you out than being woken in the dead of night with a knife in your face being asked for your car keys...

You're probably safer leaving the keys in open view downstairs.

If you have a very valuable car , better they get in and out quick and your insurance sorts you out than being woken in the dead of night with a knife in your face being asked for your car keys...

That is really bad advice!

Leaving property on view Is just saying " here I am, come in and get me".

It is far better to part set your alarm before going to bed and keeping car keys out of view.

Mind you, I keep my Rottweiler downstairs.:hihi:

They will gain money wise with a drop in car insurance

Yes this is true jane2008, but I know they are upset about losing the garden as they are both keen gardeners.

It's such a shame that people have to go to such lengths to protect their hard earned property from scum.