Internet regulations

Yes I agree it does seem to be something of a minefield. I've noticed of late that a lot of new members on this forum are not just local sheffielders, or even anyone from Yorkshire. It seems to have sort of gone global, with posts from Turkey, Tasmania, Australia, Canada and the States. So who knows who's looking at the posts on here, especially the more controversial ones!

Medusa said (on the sticky on each page at the moment), that the Jimmy Savile thread had been removed because of threatened legal action. I'm not privy to exactly what that was, but I can well understand it being removed if that was the reason.

The membership on here is huge and I suspect there are a good percentage of lurkers. Who don't post be just watch, for whatever reason.

It's actually probably a good thing this forum is moderated quite agressively (no offence intended mods)...as some posters could quite easily find themselves on the wrong end of the law!

Like you could have been with Mr Thomas

Yes I agree it does seem to be something of a minefield. I've noticed of late that a lot of new members on this forum are not just local sheffielders, or even anyone from Yorkshire. It seems to have sort of gone global, with posts from Turkey, Tasmania, Australia, Canada and the States. So who knows who's looking at the posts on here, especially the more controversial ones!

Medusa said (on the sticky on each page at the moment), that the Jimmy Savile thread had been removed because of threatened legal action. I'm not privy to exactly what that was, but I can well understand it being removed if that was the reason.

The membership on here is huge and I suspect there are a good percentage of lurkers. Who don't post be just watch, for whatever reason.

It's actually probably a good thing this forum is moderated quite agressively (no offence intended mods)...as some posters could quite easily find themselves on the wrong end of the law!

I agree with you on that one and I am thankful for Medusa for doing that. I have dissagreed with moderation on here on occasion but I do recognise they do a good job. So thats us safe when we are on Sheffield forum but what about when we are on twitter facebook etc.

I think its about time a guide came out to help people negotiate this minefield in the modern world.

I agree with you on that one and I am thankful for Medusa for doing that. I have dissagreed with moderation on here on occasion but I do recognise they do a good job. So thats us safe when we are on Sheffield forum but what about when we are on twitter facebook etc.

I think its about time a guide came out to help people negotiate this minefield in the modern world.

Twitter I think is mostly for celebs, rich people and journalists. I don't think they give 2 hoots about us mere commoners, unless you deliberately target someone with vile posts (Tom Daly for instance).

... I have dissagreed with moderation on here on occasion but I do recognise they do a good job. So thats us safe when we are on Sheffield forum but what about when we are on twitter facebook etc...

Now hang on a bit - That raises an interesting point!

What if the mods miss something and as a result legal action is taken.

Who is responsible for the misdemeanor - the poster or the mods? :huh:

Yes I see twitter as just a Facebook for celebritys

Follow them though I wouldn't, all their bothered about is money and to get their own opinions across to people, well guess what I don't want to listen to a day in the life of..........

Now hang on a bit - That raises an interesting point!

What if the mods miss something and as a result legal action is taken.

Who is responsible for the misdemeanor - the poster or the mods? :huh:

I agree with you which is why I started this debate. I'd love to know the answer. Also how we educate ourselves to prevent being on the wrong side of the law.

I agree with you which is why I started this debate. I'd love to know the answer. Also how we educate ourselves to prevent being on the wrong side of the law.

By knowing what is right and wrong

You must know when your doing something wrong?.....whatever it is

I guess ultimately it's down to the poster, and not the mods. Take that case this week on Facebook where that lad got jailed for something he said. Facebook weren't fined or taken to court!