Whiplash Claims

Which are the best routes to go down in order to make one.

I had an unfortunate collision on a 42 bus yesterday with a white van pulling out and the bus hitting the back of it, I was jolted and have pulled my back, adding to an already worse back problem.

I am going to book myself in for the doctors tomorrow and see what I can do with them but I may need to look elsewhere on a more legal front, any help would be appreciated.

I gave the bus driver my name and number and I also noted down the bus registration number for some reason and was hoping it would be of use at some point.

Did he keep a straight face?

Did he keep a straight face?

There was an accident involving a bus in the USA and CCTV showed most of the claimants of whiplash got on the bus AFTER the accident.

There was an accident involving a bus in the USA and CCTV showed most of the claimants of whiplash got on the bus AFTER the accident.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

sounds about right!

I had someone claim off my insurance a couple of years ago for personal injury as "a result of a road side collision"

What a crock of BS.

I was reversing into a marked parking bay, doing approx 5mph, if that, when this tosser came zooming up the street, and we clipped wing mirrors. He stopped about 100 yards up the road and walked down to inspect the damage to my vehicle, which there wasn't any, as the mirrors just clipped, mine was fine, not even out of place, and started ranting and raving about the damage I had caused (his front bumper wasnt exactly hanging off, but to me it looked like perhaps a clip had broken, or a screw was needed, it was scratched and scuffed, BOTH wing mirrors were missing on his car, which was a "tad untidy" shall we say!. (a toyota yaris sport iirc, i have a megane scenic).

(Damage probably around £10 (if that) for a couple of wing mirrors from the scrapyard and a 2 minute job to tighten/replace the bumper clip)

There was no damage to my vehicle whatsoever.

(I did take photo's of both vehicles and close up of the damage to his car, there wasn't even any noticable paint transfer on mine)but he claimed I had done all the damage to his vehicle. I never bothered getting his insurance details as I didn't think I needed to claim, (more fool me, now!) but I gave him mine.

I then found out from my insurance company, that he'd claimed just over £800, stating personal injuries due to the so-called collision, and I was deemed to be at fault.(it also transpired that this was his second claim for a similiar kind of "accident" in 2yrs, and he was only 22.

Damn Whiplash, I should have claimed for me, my missus and my little girl who were all present at the time.

God help him and his insurance costs!

Edited by jesus
spelling, grammar, usual stuff other forummers slag you off for