Sheffield 5th in country for number of parking wardens

Go to Hillsborough on a match day and see how many cars are parked illegally and how many are getting tickets. Then ask yourself if all the drivers are at the mosque.

Funny you should make that point. I'm a regular at Hillsborough and there is very rarely a time when I haven't come away without seeing at least one car with a parking ticket. This would tend to suggest its an area of regular attention, although that doesn't seem to deter the constant flow of others willing to risk it with stupid attempts at parking. Without arguing the wrongs or rights of how the Council parking attendants target areas or events, it is clear that Hillsborough on match days is a regular happy hunting ground for them. I wonder if they apply that thought process equally elsewhere ie targeting areas where they know there will regularly be transgressors? I would repeat my earlier point that even for the really big matches at Hillsborough I have never witnessed up to 15 cars in a solid line parked on double yellow lines but I have done so on more than one occasion on Worksop Rd, Darnall outside the mosque. Pure luck or deliberate avoidance who can say?