Crookesmoor Tip and School Football Pitches

Recently returned to Forum ... And have enjoyed reading about Crookesmoor School. Some posters have mentioned a nearby Tip ... Where was this ? Also that the school football fields where nearby ... Made of black ash ? Where were these ? The pre-fab schoolrooms are also mentioned and I've seen these on the Picture Sheffield site ... Good coloured aerial picture of Winter Street Hospital showing the school and pre-fabs in the background

the area on the otherside of oxford st used to be called the tip,probably a referance to when there was housing on the ponderosa area,the football pitch was made i think early 80s when i was at the school,but was nothing to do with the school.it was made by bringing in many tons of soil containing rocks and rubbish,as kids we used to dig in it collecting bottles,it is only good to play on now due to lots of us local lads playing on it and throwing any bricks and glass to the side,i remember the schoolrooms were burnt down around the same time(2 others on the corner of oxford and albion streets were removed to make a new playground),hope this helps