How much to hire a security guard?

I have been asked by my boss to find a security firm that will supply security guards from 6pm till 6am Monday to Friday and through the weekend. I get that to 108 hours a week.

I have no idea what we would be expected t pay for this service, any ideas and recommendations?

£10.00-£15.00 an hour?

Is it a one-off, specific length of time, or is it ongoing for the foreseeable future?

It would be much easier if you rang some security companies and got quotes.

We spent quite a lot of money on a cctv system that was remotely monitored. It works but it doesnt do what we expected and we feel we need a guy on site through the time we are off site.

I have been in contact with he Security Industry Authority and have a list of approved contractors under their scheme. I start talking to them next week. Thanks for the info everyone.

definately try Gary Wells Security Services 07956114192 [email protected] SIA

tel him Mel recommended

Highly Professional

We hired two guards from Showsec who were great, for an overnight charity event. Came to about £200 for both overnight for those hours.

Thanks everyone, decision made. Thanks again for advice.

Hi Manceryder, Although you posted your decision had been made, do you have a contact number i could contact you on to discuses the security of your premises. [email protected] Many Thanks

Thanks everyone, decision made. Thanks again for advice.

Manceryder, Please get in touch with us, Thanks