Wild juniper berries in or around Sheffield.

Loads path nearest to bridge coming down from the view point Rother valley. one or two bushes top end of woolley wood bottom car park end near first path into woods ;)) but just remembered Sloe berries not Juniper are they same? Make wicked pink Gin though lol

Loads path nearest to bridge coming down from the view point Rother valley. one or two bushes top end of woolley wood bottom car park end near first path into woods ;)) but just remembered Sloe berries not Juniper are they same? Make wicked pink Gin though lol

They're different things I'm afraid but thanks anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juniper_berry

It reminds me, I've had a bag of sloes in the freezer for years and not got round to doing anything with them.

I've got a recipe for pickled nasturtium seeds that requires junipers. I pulled up loads of the plants and gathered up most of the seeds so they don't take over so much next year.

I've heard they sell the berries in Sainsburys so it'd probably be easier to just buy them.

They're different things I'm afraid but thanks anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juniper_berry

It reminds me, I've had a bag of sloes in the freezer for years and not got round to doing anything with them.

I've got a recipe for pickled nasturtium seeds that requires junipers. I pulled up loads of the plants and gathered up most of the seeds so they don't take over so much next year.

I've heard they sell the berries in Sainsburys so it'd probably be easier to just buy them.

Get some scallops and make a juniper paste, they go lovely together.

Get some scallops and make a juniper paste, they go lovely together.

Thanks for the suggestion. I was starting to think about what I could use the surplus berries for (short of building a gin distillery in the cellar) as I only need a teaspoonful for the nasturtium seeds.