Council house empty bedrooms

and btw, even middle class families in India and Pakistan all live together in one room, its just a cultural thing, and I think it would work well here. Giving people extra privileges because they are from an eastern country is the sort of Gurniad reading PC fascism that gives the bigots fire for their xenophobia, and helps them convert new followers to the cause.

If you have a council house with a dining room, will you still be classed as under occupied, as it can easily be used as a bedroom?

Not sure, I don't think so, as when they let them as 2 or 3 beds they don't include it

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

• 4 weeks later...

Why, if the government want more people from houses that are too big for them to move, are they only targeting people on benefit. Is it cos they are the easiest people to bully? Typical conservative tactics.

I know couples without children with 3 bedrooms, but they are not having to move cos they pay full rent. This is not fair.

I also know pensioners who are much more able to move than their disabled neighbours who are under 61 and having to move.

There is just no justice in this discriminatory legislation.

Why, if the government want more people from houses that are too big for them to move, are they only targeting people on benefit. Is it cos they are the easiest people to bully? Typical conservative tactics.

I know couples without children with 3 bedrooms, but they are not having to move cos they pay full rent. This is not fair.

I also know pensioners who are much more able to move than their disabled neighbours who are under 61 and having to move.

There is just no justice in this discriminatory legislation.

I have contacted my MP about this stupid rulings, as the legislation is totally "backside"-about-face.

Pensioners will not be penalised, at all, despite the fact that they are more likely to be the ones rattling around in an "empty" house, yet someone with a disability who may be living in a specifically adapted house/flat/ bungalow will be penalised.

That's despite the fact that the disabled person concerned may not be able to be provided with an alternative property adapted to suit the same level of need that they require. That, or they may be forced to suffer months or even years stuck in an unsuitable property that is not adapted, or is not adapted to their level of need.

Why should they be forced to move out into something they cannot manage in? and why should they be forced to pay extra, simply to stay in the house that is adapted for their needs?

The cap is total benefits as I understand now. Including JSA, HB and whatever else. The LHA cap for singles is about £350 monthly.

These are different things actually. the Government has different schemes for:

- penalising large families

- penalising people on benefits for failing to be overcrowded

- penalising young people who are getting towards middle age.