Wincobank Hill - Please help!

"There's loads of empty space in Sheffield for them to build on before they have to use the site of an iron age fort. Acres of it alongside Prince of Wales Road just as an example."

Exactly, the greedy property developers need to have their real reasons for doing this thrust into the lime light... they have got millions and millions of reasons for doing it... and every one of them lines their pockets...

Protect the past to safeguard the future. THAT is our debt to future generations.

What is physically left of this iron age fort? or is the hill itself, as it is, the fort?

Wasn't the Hill Fort a dwelling place?

NIMBY's of Wincobank unite! It could be wind farms or gypsies next.

Who needs cheap available housing anyway? There aren't any jobs to pay the mortgage!

Ban the under 25s I say. Make that the over 25s as well.

Any one for a bit of tree vandalism? Wincobank shows you how.

We had gypsies in the late 80's, that was a nightmare...

We had gypsies in the late 80's, that was a nightmare...

Now you can have overcrowded slum housing as your under 35s are unable to flee the family nest.

And the people deserve it.

Bring on the rioters I say. May the city become a 3rd world slum, it is what the people deserve. The people kicking up a fuss probably use the field the let their dogs defecate, or probably don;t use it at all.

The people kicking up a fuss probably use the field the let their dogs defecate, or probably don;t use it at all.

If you had ever visited, you would know it isn't a field.

People use it as their right (of many hundreds of years) to walk freely around there, and appreciate its history and beauty. What is wrong with that?

There are plenty of places to build houses that wouldn't destroy areas of beauty.

I have signed the online Petition at http://www.change.org/petitions/sheffield-city-council-refuse-planning-permission-for-houses-on-wincobank-hill and also suggest people objec on the council site as outlined by this poster:

I found the planning number which is 11/03972/FUL

Enter the reference number here to see details of the application - http://publicaccess.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/

There is also a lot more information on this site http://wincobankhill.btck.co.uk/SandstoneRoad

Where I live my garden backs on to the land that is proposed for housing! I can't see the land been all that suitable to be fair as bits very steep. Also houses arnt selling very well at the moment so why build more?! If the need has been identified wouldn't all the nice flat land on buchanan rd and surrounds where all the much needed social housing was demolished be more suitable? It's flat, obviously access to drainage, gas, elec etc is already there. Even the roads are in place! Crackers! Signed the petition x

Where I live my garden backs on to the land that is proposed for housing! I can't see the land been all that suitable to be fair as bits very steep. Also houses arnt selling very well at the moment so why build more?! If the need has been identified wouldn't all the nice flat land on buchanan rd and surrounds where all the much needed social housing was demolished be more suitable? It's flat, obviously access to drainage, gas, elec etc is already there. Even the roads are in place! Crackers! Signed the petition x